IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > $10 GA @ eldora
8/4/24, 7:38 AM   #1
$10 GA @ eldora
motorhead748

I went last night not expecting much but ended up a very good night. 360’s, mods & stock cars. And it was a massive crowd. Not quite a kings Royal crowd but close, I’d guess 15K people…
Maybe other tracks could take note that not everyone can afford $20-$30 tickets

5 members like this post: bighd0522, cowboyhar69, dkdorkboy, Grocery Guy, PIT CART
8/4/24, 9:33 AM   #2
Re: $10 GA @ eldora
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead748 View Post
I went last night not expecting much but ended up a very good night. 360’s, mods & stock cars. And it was a massive crowd. Not quite a kings Royal crowd but close, I’d guess 15K people…
Maybe other tracks could take note that not everyone can afford $20-$30 tickets

Did you do the Fri Wing show at Moler, I had no idea it was going on. I know Cole Duncan was there. Shame a track 30mi from me and nobody says anything anwhere about it.

1 member likes this post: motorhead748
8/4/24, 11:19 AM   #3
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Did you do the Fri Wing show at Moler, I had no idea it was going on. I know Cole Duncan was there. Shame a track 30mi from me and nobody says anything anwhere about it.
I did not go but would have if I’d known anything about it….tracks need to promote their shows!!

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
8/4/24, 11:31 AM   #4
Re: $10 GA @ eldora
Hubie48

Look at the lack of crowds at Raceway Park.... and this oval series is paying large dollars

8/4/24, 11:49 AM   #5
PIT CART

I also went and my first thought was the crowd size. I have seen smaller crowds at 4 crowns and the Thursday night at the dream weekend. I left after the 360 feature but had Flo on during my drive home. I was surprised they did the fireworks last, but great job by Eldora on putting on a great show last night!!

2 members like this post: motorhead748, nathans1012
8/4/24, 4:22 PM   #6
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Last night was Family Fireworks #2. Last summer I spoke with Jerry, complimenting him on his role at Eldora. I asked him if he had any future plans for Eldora. He told me he wanted to add some more family nights for local fans and racers. The photos I've seen on social media looked so cool for the fans. Everyone invited to the pit area to meet drivers, bounce houses for kids, games, driver autographs, photo opps, and a massive fireworks show to close the night. Plus an affordable night of great racing. Well done Jerry in your spirit, you'd have been proud.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > $10 GA @ eldora