IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Knoxville First Timers
8/8/24, 8:09 PM   #11
TQ29m

Know what you mean, I used to sponsor a car show at my business, and most of the other businesses were just as good at welcoming the racers, and it made for more of both year after year, good for everyone

2 members like this post: JarrettFarms73, tirespinner
8/9/24, 11:07 AM   #12
flagboy55

73, your take is very much mine, it’s a bucket list thing for me. I’ve only been there once for USAC. I loved the place. The track itself is not my favorite, but everything else there is charming. I’ll have to get there sometime in the next couple years

3 members like this post: JarrettFarms73, Russ, tirespinner
8/9/24, 2:17 PM   #13
Re: Knoxville First Timers
Hubie48

Not a wing guy but the excitement around the event is very cool. I really like the fact that the show will equal the hype, and the purse is big league. Marquee events should put money in the victor's pockets!

I pay 34 a month for DirtVision and they want a substantial amount more to watch the coverage. Going to a buddy's house to watch Saturday night.

5 members like this post: flagboy55, Grocery Guy, JarrettFarms73, jdull99, tirespinner
8/10/24, 3:24 PM   #14
openwheelfan1

Although we are primarily non wing fans, having grown up watching USAC at Salem and Terre Haute, we REALLY enjoy the Knoxville Nationals. The atmosphere and the tension is just unmatched by any other event. Getting to watch some of the teams service or even build a new car in the parking lot is unique in today’s world. The NSCHoF is something EVERY sprint car fan should see. The food, the crowds, and the town all make it part carnival and part sprint car race. By the time tonight’s B main starts, the tension will be so high you’ll almost be able to cut it with a knife. If you are a sprint car fan, regardless of winged or non wing,I heartily encourage you to attend the Nationals at least once!

8/10/24, 9:36 PM   #15
revjimk

deleted
Last edited by revjimk; 8/10/24 at 9:37 PM.

8/11/24, 1:00 AM   #16
Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelfan1 View Post
Although we are primarily non wing fans, having grown up watching USAC at Salem and Terre Haute, we REALLY enjoy the Knoxville Nationals. The atmosphere and the tension is just unmatched by any other event. Getting to watch some of the teams service or even build a new car in the parking lot is unique in today’s world. The NSCHoF is something EVERY sprint car fan should see. The food, the crowds, and the town all make it part carnival and part sprint car race. By the time tonight’s B main starts, the tension will be so high you’ll almost be able to cut it with a knife. If you are a sprint car fan, regardless of winged or non wing,I heartily encourage you to attend the Nationals at least once!
It's sprint car racing's Super Bowl. Only on this board will you find people b******g about it. Every sprint car fan should go experience it at least once.

8/11/24, 1:33 AM   #17
flagboy55

Russ, who’s b*****ing about it? Might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but I think everyone acknowledges the significance of it. I’m my perfect world, Knoxville wouldn’t be the place to hold the biggest dirt race on the planet, but that’s not complaining about what it is. Simply my take

3 members like this post: Hubie48, spicoli, tirespinner
8/11/24, 9:50 AM   #18
kendirt

So Brady Bacon is leaving Knoxville with $21,000 for an 8th and a 15th. I guarantee you everywhere he goes now for a while they will mention that he made the A main on Saturday night.

Kyle Larson just made in one night almost double what the highest grossing non-winger will this year. Year.

That's how far behind non-wing racing is.

6 members like this post: dirtybob29, Hubie48, MC5454, PIT CART, Russ, tirespinner
8/11/24, 10:17 PM   #19
dsc1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendirt View Post
So Brady Bacon is leaving Knoxville with $21,000 for an 8th and a 15th. I guarantee you everywhere he goes now for a while they will mention that he made the A main on Saturday night.

Kyle Larson just made in one night almost double what the highest grossing non-winger will this year. Year.

That's how far behind non-wing racing is.
Brady was quite good this year at the Nationals. No fluke effort, he was a legit fast car. I wonder if this will spring board him into full time wings in the future.

3 members like this post: Hubie48, kendirt, tirespinner
8/11/24, 10:51 PM   #20
kendirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
Brady was quite good this year at the Nationals. No fluke effort, he was a legit fast car. I wonder if this will spring board him into full time wings in the future.
My feeling is it's just a matter of time until he makes the switch.

2 members like this post: Hubie48, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Knoxville First Timers