IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wine & Cheese vs. Beer & Brat
8/15/24, 1:09 PM   #1
ThrowbackRacingTeam

So the wine and cheesers book a race the same day an hour and a half away from the longest running championship dirt race on the schedule. A race that used to be part of “Indy” racing. Did they really need that date? Kind of disrespectful to all the dirt fans, USAC and tradition. Hard to like that series or the promoter of Gateway. I’ll be having beers and brats Saturday at Springfield.

8/15/24, 7:20 PM   #2
Re: Wine & Cheese vs. Beer & Brat
Frank Reiner

The serious wine & cheesers are at it this weekend at Laguna Seca Raceway; its the time of the annual Monterey Historics (Monterey, California). Vintage sports cars and Formula cars. It's a very, very expensive sport for the majority of those folks.

1 member likes this post: Hubie48
8/15/24, 8:21 PM   #3
kendirt

And yet somewhere there's a Silver Crown fan who's happy he's going to get to attend two races this weekend instead of one.

I'd even bet there's someone who would argue that this situation helps Springfield more than it hurts.

7 members like this post: addictedtodirt, Hubie48, jdull99, okie, Pitdad, TBONE, Turd Ferguson
8/16/24, 7:09 AM   #4
markd

Then there are those who like to watch racing and not ***** about it that will be busting ass to get from Springfield back to Gateway for the Indy cars. I'm looking forward to the three races in 24 hours.

8/16/24, 8:25 AM   #5
John P Huss

Brats & Beer Sound Great!
Best Regards,
John

2 members like this post: Dale, Hustlin-Hoosier
8/16/24, 1:48 PM   #6
jdull99

If I had $, my own good car for going out of town, and the time for it; I'd try to make it to all 3 (both Silver Crown races & the Indy race). I'm just glad there is any indycar oval races; and - even though ratings will suck - I like the Sat night races on regular TV (now that my local track closed). My buddy invited me over to watch the Springfield on FLO, so I may stop by and check some of that out (I never have, yet). Enjoy what you can. Cornfest Sunday at APS too!
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Last edited by jdull99; 8/16/24 at 2:01 PM.

1 member likes this post: TNRustler
8/16/24, 2:00 PM   #7
jdull99

It won't be an issue next year either

Should be an off week for Indycar

https://www.indycar.com/Schedule?year=2025
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

8/17/24, 7:10 AM   #8
Hubie48

I don't think running a front engine tube frame car on pavement at 170 mph is exactly the definition of "wine and cheese"set.

That would be running a Morgan Plus4 for a trophy......

I love Silver Crown racing but the speeds at Gateway are something that really needs to be considered. Like get ugly quick if someone forgets to turn going into three. Some radar gun data was shared with me and 170's were pretty common. Take some huge kahona to poke a car thru those turns at this clip. My hats off to Kody and the guys running at the front.

1 member likes this post: kendirt
8/17/24, 11:15 AM   #9
kendirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie48 View Post
I don't think running a front engine tube frame car on pavement at 170 mph is exactly the definition of "wine and cheese"set.

That would be running a Morgan Plus4 for a trophy......

I love Silver Crown racing but the speeds at Gateway are something that really needs to be considered. Like get ugly quick if someone forgets to turn going into three. Some radar gun data was shared with me and 170's were pretty common. Take some huge kahona to poke a car thru those turns at this clip. My hats off to Kody and the guys running at the front.
I've considered going to Gateway just to see them getting into three, but yeah I don't think it's a great idea to run them there.

1 member likes this post: Hubie48
8/17/24, 6:29 PM   #10
Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
wine and cheesers
Not even a serious post. Who you trying to pick a fight with? I'm sure they don't care about your opinion anyway.....

BTW, did anyone watch Indycar qualifying this weekend? Seriously fast speeds on that track!! 180 plus through 3 and 4 while wide open. Some drivers were having their hands full for sure!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wine & Cheese vs. Beer & Brat