IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No Springfield Silver Crown Post from USAC
8/19/24, 12:28 PM   #11
Joe Schaub

I'm not surprised. The crowd has aged and new fans only care about NASCAR or wing racing. The Crown race was great, but mot having a TV deal and losing guys like Courtney, Windom, Kofoid, etc to wing racing doesn't help.

1 member likes this post: Hubie48
8/19/24, 12:45 PM   #12
Re: No Springfield Silver Crown Post from USAC
erich45

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJlives View Post
Kaylee finished 3rd at WWTR 16th at Springfield
Duh! Senior moment.

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
8/19/24, 1:08 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Schaub View Post
I'm not surprised. The crowd has aged and new fans only care about NASCAR or wing racing. The Crown race was great, but mot having a TV deal and losing guys like Courtney, Windom, Kofoid, etc to wing racing doesn't help.
I'm sure the Springfield race was much better in person. I know the WWTR race had to be better. The sound and feel, let alone being able to really see the speed.

1 member likes this post: Offroadrace_814
8/19/24, 7:08 PM   #14
okie

the sunday crowd looked even smaller

8/19/24, 8:57 PM   #15
Joe Schaub

I enjoyed the race and yes it is always better in person but some can't make it to the track in-person. Walking the pits, watching the crews make adjustments, the smell of the engines, the aroma of gear lube, that first pass by you at speed, the engines having the throttle let off going into the corner, the rooster tails flying in the corner when they get into the fluff, the eyes of the drivers moments before going out to qualify, the impromptu crew meetings about what to change to get more speed, the smell of the midway food vendors, the gasp of the crowd when a car gets high in the corner, the booming announcer calling the race.

It's all part of the experience of going to the track that TV or streaking will never be able to either replicate or accurately be shown. They are things one must experience to fully appreciate.

8/20/24, 8:02 AM   #16
RacingFan52

Race Count This Year: 1

IDK. Streaking can be pretty exciting and exhilarating!

2 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, TQ29m
8/20/24, 1:19 PM   #17
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingFan52 View Post
IDK. Streaking can be pretty exciting and exhilarating!

8/20/24, 4:41 PM   #18
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsfan View Post
Why did the USAC press releases from Richie Murray stop appearing on IOW?
My heart has been warmed by this new happening. I have vented about spoilers posted on here thanks to Richie and the USAC auto populate system a few times. Why said spoilers from USAC cannot be put in a separate folder/thread still baffles my open wheel mind.

Perhaps this is an issue related to USAC's new site, or perhaps my comments pertaining to spoilers have FINALLY fallen upon ears that are not deaf. Although I think the former is the answer, I will relish this moment in IOW history wherein IOW does not give USAC an avenue to post spoilers.

As for now, I guess all opposed to my stance are just going to have to go to the USAC website to read about the happenings from race-to-race.

I won't win this in the long haul, but I am loving it in the short haul. Spoiler posters and fans of them, I fart in your general direction!

8/21/24, 2:02 AM   #19
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
My heart has been warmed by this new happening. I have vented about spoilers posted on here thanks to Richie and the USAC auto populate system a few times. Why said spoilers from USAC cannot be put in a separate folder/thread still baffles my open wheel mind.

Perhaps this is an issue related to USAC's new site, or perhaps my comments pertaining to spoilers have FINALLY fallen upon ears that are not deaf. Although I think the former is the answer, I will relish this moment in IOW history wherein IOW does not give USAC an avenue to post spoilers.

As for now, I guess all opposed to my stance are just going to have to go to the USAC website to read about the happenings from race-to-race.

I won't win this in the long haul, but I am loving it in the short haul. Spoiler posters and fans of them, I fart in your general direction!
It's like the races never happened if we don't even post about them/talk around the modern day water cooler...

I'll never understand going on an open wheel website and thinking you could avoid results...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

5 members like this post: Dirtfan, Hubie48, luckybuc97, PIT CART, progressive22
8/21/24, 6:56 AM   #20
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post
I'll never understand going on an open wheel website and thinking you could avoid results...
If the race winner's name is not posted in the title of the thread, all would be fine. Other motorsports sites I am on have that as the golden rule and some have a completely separate forum to note that the threads started there contain spoilers.

For example, threads for the for the upcoming Kokomo Smackdown:

"Night 1 Smackdown results - spoilers" vice "Brady Bacon wins Night 1 of Smackdown".

Gives a guy a chance to watch the event a day or so later when he has the time and he doesn't have to ayoid IOW altogether.

I know...deaf ears.

2 members like this post: Daisy's dad, okie
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No Springfield Silver Crown Post from USAC