IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Levi Jones new GM at Eldora
9/8/24, 9:35 AM   #11
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Well if I'm gonna complain, I'm gonna man up and praise, too. Kudos to Eldora for their track prep for the World 100 weekend. They went back to work and spent long hours tilling and watering the surface for the late model weekend. It was an incredible recovery from Wednesday night. Nice job Tony and team. The track and fans were rewarded with the largest crowd in Eldora history for the World 100. Also, much praise to the Eldora staff and FLO teams for their Scott Bloomquist Celebration of Life ceremony on Saturday. Very touching and moving tribute supported by over 5,000 fans. Tony even drove one of the Bloomquist tribute cars during the W100 pace laps. Seems only fitting. Now, on to the 4-Crown Nationals. 🏁

8 members like this post: duel, flagboy55, Hubie48, mc/rider, nathans1012, oppweld, racenut69, Russ
9/8/24, 5:22 PM   #12
Re: Levi Jones new GM at Eldora
Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grocery Guy View Post
Well if I'm gonna complain, I'm gonna man up and praise, too. Kudos to Eldora for their track prep for the World 100 weekend. They went back to work and spent long hours tilling and watering the surface for the late model weekend. It was an incredible recovery from Wednesday night. Nice job Tony and team. The track and fans were rewarded with the largest crowd in Eldora history for the World 100. Also, much praise to the Eldora staff and FLO teams for their Scott Bloomquist Celebration of Life ceremony on Saturday. Very touching and moving tribute supported by over 5,000 fans. Tony even drove one of the Bloomquist tribute cars during the W100 pace laps. Seems only fitting. Now, on to the 4-Crown Nationals. 🏁
It was a great race. Congrats to Bobby Pierce....he earned it. How about that $116,000 50/50? Would be nice to take that home.

9/8/24, 5:43 PM   #13
TQ29m

That's a lot of Double Bubble!

3 members like this post: Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, Russ
9/8/24, 8:34 PM   #14
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

This was a great and sad race weekend.

The Scott Bloomquist memorial service was very touching and sad. He will undoubtedly go down as absolute goat of dirt late model racing. The Heat races and Prelim nights were pretty good & World 100 itself was a darn good race and competitive between 4 driver and 8 lead changes. For sentimental purposes I was rooting for Dale McDowell to win driving a Team Zero car. As a fan and a diehard Scott Bloomquist fan I'm not ashamed to say I cried yesterday at the service for Scott as may people around me did as well. Scott was an absolute legend & genius behind the wheel of a race car and the 2014 World 100 is the only evidence you need to know how damn good he was in the driver seat. I'm going to miss the #0 car not unloading at a race track. P.S. He was a damn good father to his daughter Ariel as well. as well! The tributes to him and his family were awesome to see each day. To see the 2 Bloomquist cars pacing the front of the World 100 on the pace laps was darn cool to see. The Black and Green car was a 2-seater and Ariel was in the passenger seat of that car & the Black, Blue, & White car was being driven by Tony Stewart. Both cars were side by side during those laps. To see the #18 car do a fast lap around there one more time was as good as it will ever get. Thanks to Tony and the staff there that made the race weekend great.

I have a bunch of pictures from the weekend. Maybe in the next few days I'll share some of the Bloomquist memorial service pictures here.

Nothing but respect for him. The man did it his way!

Scott's favorite band was Shinedown. If you've never heard of them, take a minute and look them up. Their good.

ALSO my first race at Eldora was in the Fall of 1987 and I have never in my life see so many people there as I did yesterday period. That crowd was insane. The Flo Racing streaming just doesn't do it justice.
Last edited by nathans1012; 9/8/24 at 11:31 PM.

9/8/24, 11:23 PM   #15
nathans1012

I have 13 pictures I'm going to share with you guys. I hope you all enjoy as much as I do. I can only do 4 pictures per post so this will be a few posts of pictures here and that will be it. Flo Racing streamed the Memorial service for FREE for those that couldn't be there.

Scott's car on the victory stage.

Scott's#18 car on track during the service. This was supposed to be his car for the weekend.

Scott's car in front of the victory stage after Dale McDowell took the car around the track.

Scott's car on stage one more time.
Last edited by nathans1012; 9/10/24 at 8:21 AM.

6 members like this post: bighd0522, Grocery Guy, jdull99, PIT CART, racenut69, Russ
9/8/24, 11:23 PM   #16
nathans1012

The next 8 pictures are screen shots of the Scott Bloomquist Memorial Service program I'm sharing with you guys. Page by page.

Front page. Page 1

Page inside front page. Page 2

Page 3

Page 4
Last edited by nathans1012; 9/10/24 at 8:23 AM.

8 members like this post: bighd0522, CRA91, EBookerFan, Grocery Guy, Hubie48, jdull99, racenut69, Russ
9/8/24, 11:24 PM   #17
nathans1012

Page 5

Page 6

Page 7

Back Page. Page 8
Last edited by nathans1012; 9/10/24 at 8:23 AM.

6 members like this post: CRA91, EBookerFan, Grocery Guy, Hubie48, jdull99, Russ
9/8/24, 11:25 PM   #18
nathans1012

Scott's Family and friends next to the Podium in front of the Grandstands during the service. The lady at the podium in the picture in guest singer Ruby Leigh
Last edited by nathans1012; 9/10/24 at 8:24 AM.

7 members like this post: CRA91, EBookerFan, Hubie48, jdull99, Russ, TNRustler, TQ29m
9/9/24, 1:09 AM   #19
jdull99

Thank-you for sharing all of that! (The Bloomquist stuff).
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

9/9/24, 1:33 PM   #20
sprits fan 11

What a dream job. Does it pay anything? Most would do it for free with a couple benefits. Let me live on grounds and promote the races and would be good. Basically he is getting paid to what Earl did? What does Tony say to him? Don't F it up. It already has the big races. How do you make it better? Make a non wing nationals weekend?

4 members like this post: flagboy55, Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, racenut69
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Levi Jones new GM at Eldora