IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprints at IMS
9/27/24, 11:49 PM   #11
openwheelfan1

I’m betting you see an Indiana Sprint Week race at IMS next year. With Gas City closed, apparently long term (forever?) I know USAC would love to find another venue. I don’t think Montpelier is ready to step up to USAC yet, so IMS is a logical choice.

9/28/24, 2:17 AM   #12
streetglider

I’ll take that bet . I’m betting you won’t !

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
9/28/24, 9:17 AM   #13
JJMooney

You guys are a tough crowd. I enjoyed the sprint car race Thursday night. I know it was only 10 cars but the race went green to checkers in under 5 minutes. Winner came from the fourth row. I thought it was best race of the night.

To me, the IMS track looks slightly bigger and conducive to more passing than the Kutztown track that’s been on the USAC Sprint Car Eastern Storm schedule the last couple years.

Thought the same about the possibility of adding IMS to Indiana Sprint Week or even Indiana Midget Week (perhaps with the addition of another sprint car invitational – this time with 14-18 cars?). Gas City might be gone for good. Terre Haute’s always on shaky ground. Going to need the venues.

Agree with WinglessLovers, for any ISW or IMW show to happen, something would need to drastically change with the parking and ticket prices.

1 member likes this post: duel
9/28/24, 9:17 AM   #14
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Personally, we'd rather Paragon gets the open ISW night.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

4 members like this post: Dougherty20, mlamb, RacingFan52, TQ29m
9/28/24, 10:09 AM   #15
kendirt

The bet I'd take is that someone got nervous because the entry list was looking short so they added Sprint Cars last minute and that next year they will incentivize early entry.

1 member likes this post: Pitdad
9/28/24, 10:18 AM   #16
DJlives

There is no plan to change midstream. It was a test to see if it could work and gave fans who came on Thursday a little extra

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprints at IMS