IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #1 10/1/24 5:32 PM
Don’t think this is a huge surprise, but nevertheless it’s official.

https://www.bradybaconracing.com/press/article/161535

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
3 Likes: dirtybob29, dkdorkboy, mlamb
SpfldMile (Offline)
  #2 10/1/24 6:06 PM
I wish him luck. He’s been a great ambassador for USAC and a really great driver. I have no doubt he’ll be successful. I do hate to see so much talent leave for the wings though. There is more money in it, but there is also way more drivers going for it. It hasn’t worked out for all that make the switch.

For those about to rock, we salute you.
2 Likes: dkdorkboy, flagboy55
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #3 10/1/24 7:47 PM
Too bad Kyle Larson hasn’t invested a single penny into non-winged racing of any kind. As far as I’m concerned, he is the biggest threat/enemy of USAC. Look what he did to the All Stars. The one good thing is now the little twerp Brady won’t beat Dave Darland’s win record. I’d rather Justin Grant get it. Also little, but only runs without the ginormous crutch on the car.
TommyTipover (Offline)
  #4 10/1/24 8:01 PM
Was really hoping Brady would beat Darland's record. He says he'll still run 15-20 USAC shows so it certainly could still happen.
Pancho Stapp (Offline)
  #5 10/1/24 8:14 PM
So who ends up in the HRM #69?
2 Likes: jdull99, SpfldMile
kendirt (Offline)
  #6 10/1/24 8:36 PM
I was hoping he'd stick around long enough to break the record.

The article says they're going to run 15-20 USAC races next year. I'm saying he needs two years running a partial USAC schedule to get the record. I don't think that would be an unrealistic timeline before they go HL or WoO full-time.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #7 10/1/24 8:55 PM
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam:
Too bad Kyle Larson hasn’t invested a single penny into non-winged racing of any kind. As far as I’m concerned, he is the biggest threat/enemy of USAC. Look what he did to the All Stars. The one good thing is now the little twerp Brady won’t beat Dave Darland’s win record. I’d rather Justin Grant get it. Also little, but only runs without the ginormous crutch on the car.

Wow, Guess you didn't read where Brady was running select USAC races as well. Probably mostly ones he can double up on.

Charles Nungester
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #8 10/1/24 8:59 PM
Originally Posted by Pancho Stapp:
So who ends up in the HRM #69?

Not sure, Rob intends to keep a team out there at least until their Hundred anniversary of HAR and possibly beyond which I think is 2028.

Charles Nungester
3 Likes: flagboy55, motorhead748, oppweld
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #9 10/1/24 9:44 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Not sure, Rob intends to keep a team out there at least until their Hundred anniversary of HAR and possibly beyond which I think is 2028.
Chuck, you being the most vocal IOW supporter of the HAR team, give us Your Reach for the Star , next chapter, Team HAR USAC Sprint Car Driver choice to replace Bacon in 2025, just for fun.
3 Likes: Dirtfan, flagboy55, luckybuc97
WingedFan2019 (Offline)
  #10 10/1/24 10:44 PM
Love to see Daison and Bacon go full wing. I think Bacon could eventually be a Tyler Courtney type driver (in terms of competitiveness) Daison will be solid as well. This does spell trouble for USAC / non wing racing though going forward, All of their top drivers are transitioning to wing and no one is here to replace them. Not sure how USAC will look 5-10 years from now. Trending down wards at the moment.