IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute Silver Crown Thoughts?
10/7/24, 7:31 AM   #1
Terre Haute Silver Crown Thoughts?
miledirt

How was it?
Looked like a pretty good show on Flo. Love the series, just couldn't make this one

Crowd? Infield crowd?

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
10/7/24, 9:12 AM   #2
SpfldMile

Good show, glad I went. The covered grandstand was full and the turn 4 stands were about half. Infield had a decent crowd. I’ve seen better turnout, but not bad for a Sunday night. The big cars really push the cushion up to the wall, fun to watch.

3 members like this post: EBookerFan, flagboy55, Grocery Guy
10/7/24, 9:22 AM   #3
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 25

Infield crowd lighter than usual, covered stands pretty solid, remaining bleachers kinda light. As for the on track action it was Epic! Heck even the Modified feature was side by side, lap after lap thriller. For those who claim to be fans of THAT and had the means and the time to be there and still chose not to attend, well they missed a heavyweight battle!

5 members like this post: flagboy55, Grocery Guy, PJ Wright, SpfldMile, WinglessLovers
10/7/24, 9:37 AM   #4
flagboy55

I certainly wish I was there, for more than a couple reasons. But when I calculated what time I would’ve gotten home, I made the right call because I no longer function well on 4 hours sleep. It’s great to hear they had a decent crowd. I never got a good look at the crowd on Flo, but by reports from those in attendance, it was good. I enjoyed the race. Seavey ended up being the class of the field but not necessarily easy to get there. I hope things went well enough that we can expect more of the same next year. I think Joe and crew have done a good job with the track this year.

5 members like this post: Grocery Guy, oppweld, PJ Wright, tdt636
10/7/24, 10:04 AM   #5
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

As most said, covered grandstand was 3/4 full. Turn four stands less than half full. Infield crowd was disappointing, especially for the price. Too bad, because I know USAC put a ton of effort into advertising and promoting. The track re-work was needed and took extra time. During the downtime, fans around me were stating what's the delay and when are we gonna race. The same speaker issues in turn 4, where you could barely hear the announcers. I have no idea who won the modified feature, because we could not hear. Somehow, they've got to figure out a way to get done on Sunday night's by 10pm. Looking at the crowd, most of the fans were older demographics. Not gonna get many students on a Sunday night ending at 10pm. Enjoyed the great racing.

1 member likes this post: oppweld
10/7/24, 11:57 AM   #6
DJlives

The delay was the equipment breaking down and finding a heavy enough chain to haul it in. That was very unfortunate
Last edited by DJlives; 10/7/24 at 11:59 AM.

10/7/24, 12:04 PM   #7
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJlives View Post
The delay was the equipment breaking down and finding a heavy enough chain to haul it in. That was very unfortunate
Thanks. I did not know that. I saw equipment between turns 1 and 2 for an extended time. Appreciate the update.

10/7/24, 1:03 PM   #8
JJMooney

I’m glad I went. Probably the hardest I’ve seen Silver Crown cars race at Terre Haute. For a 100 lapper, no one seemed to be saving anything. I will say, watching Justin Grant run ABOVE the cushion in 1&2 for several laps was pretty freakin’ spectacular.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute Silver Crown Thoughts?