IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #1 10/8/24 6:18 PM
It appears they'll be another player next year for Winged Sprint Cars.
Will The Maverick Series still be in operation?

https://x.com/POWRi_Racing/status/18...XQrji8Z8w&s=01

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
WinglessLovers (Offline)
  #2 10/8/24 7:34 PM
Originally Posted by Dirtfan:
It appears they'll be another player next year for Winged Sprint Cars.
Will The Maverick Series still be in operation?

https://x.com/POWRi_Racing/status/18...XQrji8Z8w&s=01
Dan,

I would say that the Maverick Series is finished! Kevin Newton looks to be teaming up with POWRi 410 winged series.

Bruce Eckel
5 Likes: Dirtfan, flagboy55, nathans1012, oppweld, PIT CART
Vookie (Offline)
  #3 10/9/24 7:52 PM
A Facebook discussion,
'Jason Myers
Will this be in addition to the Maverick deal or Is this taking its place'

'Kevin Newton
Jason Myers that is yet to be known. The maverick series is handled by a different group. We will have wait and see what they plan to do. Although the plan is to continue to grow wing racing through out Indiana.'
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #4 10/9/24 8:30 PM
Which is unnecessary
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #5 10/9/24 9:10 PM
Hopefully winged racing completely fails in the state of Indiana. Kevin Newton should be concentrating on growing silver crown racing. Winged racing sucks. I’ve been watching it for 40 years and non-wing totally blows it away.
hoosier race fan (Online)
  #6 10/9/24 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam:
Hopefully winged racing completely fails in the state of Indiana. Kevin Newton should be concentrating on growing silver crown racing. Winged racing sucks. I’ve been watching it for 40 years and non-wing totally blows it away.
This is a really foolish thing to say. Wishing for something to fail is pretty immature and selfish, but not unexpected from you.
Grocery Guy (Online)
  #7 10/9/24 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam:
Wow. Because you've been watching it for 40 years, it sucks. Right. Growing Silver Crown racing? You better find some younger demographics is you want to grow Silver Crown racing. And some extra purse $$$. Wishing something to completely fail in the racing world is harsh, Indiana or wherever. Guess you're wishing for the WoO date at Haubstadt, one of our best tracks and promoters, to completely fail. Or High Limit at Kokomo. Or FAST at Circle City. Nice. 👎