IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > How Far is Too Far
10/12/24, 12:12 PM   #1
How Far is Too Far
flagboy55

Taking the question from the Burg thread, I thought it’s a fair question. The criteria is a race with a start time of 7pm, and you’re driving home afterwards. For my friends Oppweld and Yeleyfan76, the answer is probably there’s no place too far, but for us mortals, we have parameters. Thanks

1 member likes this post: motorhead748
10/12/24, 1:59 PM   #2
motorhead748

For me it’s pretty much anything goes if it’s something I want to see. Another factor for me is do I have anything I want to do the following day. If the answer is yes then I’ll ride home after the race and I’ve done that 3 times this summer from Knoxville which is 562 miles. If no I may camp out at the track but I’ve gotten to where I’ll just come home anyway because if I stay it essentially chews up the whole weekend.
I’m in SW Ohio & tracks like Haubstadt, Attica, Fremont are all in the 180-220 mile range and wouldn’t consider staying the nite after a race.
I always travel by motorcycle unless someone is going with me which is rare.
Heck a few weeks ago on a Sunday I rode out to Knoxville because they were having a car show at the track. Left at 4a & was home at 11:20p.

4 members like this post: Grocery Guy, John P Huss, luckybuc97, wallbanger II
10/12/24, 2:34 PM   #3
Re: How Far is Too Far
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Well considering Im in the same situation as Ron. About a hour and a half. Family member may need help. Ron also has been riding a lot with friends. Some no longer with us .

I alone say about three to four hours for a event. Maybe a couple days for small trips. If I was free to do so. And have all my life.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > How Far is Too Far