IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Rental & Testing
10/16/24, 6:36 PM   #1
Lincoln Park Rental & Testing
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

An article on Dirt on Dirt referenced three high level dirt late model teams testing at Lincoln Park Speedway last Thursday, Oct. 10th. Ricky Thornton Jr., Jonathon Davenport and Drake Troutman tested before the Jackson 100 weekend. It got me thinking others could answer. When teams test at a local dirt short track, what does the track provide? Track maintenance, fire safety, ambulance and a tow vehicle - are all these provided? Anyone know the cost to test? Curious what these high-level teams agreed to before testing. In the article, Thornton credited his Friday night feature win was due to a positive testing session, so it paid off.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
10/16/24, 8:34 PM   #2
kendirt

A track near me(not Indiana) gets $1000/night to test. That's a fully prepped track, no fire, no ambulance.

Typically 3-5 guys go in to split the cost. Those numbers everyone still gets enough track time. Guys are picky about who they test with, like your stuff better run and you better not be the guy known to do stupid things that could cause delays.

I'm talking primarily Late Models. Don't think I'd test open wheel cars without safety crew present. So then double the cost of the evening.

3 members like this post: flagboy55, Grocery Guy, rimrider69
10/16/24, 9:59 PM   #3
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendirt View Post
A track near me(not Indiana) gets $1000/night to test. That's a fully prepped track, no fire, no ambulance.

Typically 3-5 guys go in to split the cost. Those numbers everyone still gets enough track time. Guys are picky about who they test with, like your stuff better run and you better not be the guy known to do stupid things that could cause delays.

I'm talking primarily Late Models. Don't think I'd test open wheel cars without safety crew present. So then double the cost of the evening.

Thank for the info. I figured it was around $1,000. I wonder if this was a Longhorn chassis test among the three. Three elite teams. Ricky was sure happy they tested. Jonathon mentioned the test when he won his Fri night heat at Brownstown, but did not mention the track. As you say, much more affordable splitting the cost amongst three teams. Scary testing without a safety team of some sort present.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Rental & Testing