IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bacon going wing racing next year
10/16/24, 12:13 PM   #81
California Mike

Well, it’s sad to me. Seems like most sports are cheating to some degree. Astros were caught cheating, suspend the manager and the coach, and give the trophies and money to the players with no penalties at all. Just one example. Very disappointed in Usac allowing this without any type of explanation. As explained before the driver admitted what he did. At that point Usac could’ve initiated the penalty without any other explanation. But they didn’t. Grant asked officials to install the weight because of the track condition and was denied. Why was that. I’ve been in a Race fan of Usac for 50 years and it’s the best racing around. And now I’m starting to look for other alternatives to racing. As Mr. Charles says we’re crying. He seems to be the answer man for all racing questions. If it wasn’t his favorite team and driver, he might be complaining also. All we’re asking for is an explantion. 😎🏁

10/16/24, 12:56 PM   #82
Re: Bacon going wing racing next year
nodramazone20

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Mike View Post
Well, it’s sad to me. Seems like most sports are cheating to some degree. Astros were caught cheating, suspend the manager and the coach, and give the trophies and money to the players with no penalties at all. Just one example. Very disappointed in Usac allowing this without any type of explanation. As explained before the driver admitted what he did. At that point Usac could’ve initiated the penalty without any other explanation. But they didn’t. Grant asked officials to install the weight because of the track condition and was denied. Why was that. I’ve been in a Race fan of Usac for 50 years and it’s the best racing around. And now I’m starting to look for other alternatives to racing. As Mr. Charles says we’re crying. He seems to be the answer man for all racing questions. If it wasn’t his favorite team and driver, he might be complaining also. All we’re asking for is an explantion. 😎🏁
well said....no explanation is ridiculous

3 members like this post: erich45, oppweld, progressive22
10/16/24, 3:46 PM   #83
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Franckowiak View Post
You seem obsessed with Bacon......how about the other 6 or 7 guys who had weight bolted up front ??......

Exactly and it started at Action Track from what I understand although that was a show up points deal.

1 member likes this post: OnTheHammer
10/16/24, 4:05 PM   #84
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Mike View Post
Im not denying anything. But cheating has been going on since two cars met for the second time and the best bend the rules to barely meet them.

I've seen guys win with motors who's first and eighth cylinder were legal and the rest 30 over. I've seen championships won in 360s with 410s who never podium ed but averaged fifth for finishes. I've seen siped tires win big money races when it was not allowed and not penalized afterwards. When we ran bombers the rules were Hoosier racing tires or a OEM street tire with a 65 width limit. We'd run the USED Goodyear Eagles that Camaro's and Trans Ams ran at the time a 215-65-14 Put tubes in em and ran em about 12 and 9 pds. Our tires would be working three laps before everyone else's came to temp. Technically it was legal. BARELY.

10/16/24, 5:57 PM   #85
Grocery Guy

Quote:
You seem obsessed with Bacon......how about the other 6 or 7 guys who had weight bolted up front ??......
Who are the other 6 or 7 guys you are referring to? I'm sure many would like to know.

10/16/24, 7:38 PM   #86
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Ok Gene let’s analyze this. Your driver Mr Bacon and also Mr Moles finished top three and were officially caught. Then subsequently allowed to cheat by Kirk Spridgeon. These two cars were the ones mentioned at the start of this issue. You in turn came on this board and disgraced yourself by saying that the whole issue is USAC’s fault. This entire board knows I have no love for the current regime, but to say you and your driver cheating and not penalized is a pass for you because Spridge and company are inept is laughable at bare minimum. Now you decide to come out and say 6 or 7 others did it. Where was this back at Macon. There is no obsession with Bacon at all. I don’t like cheating no matter who does it. Brady is a fan and certainly a sanction favorite in these ranks. To think he is going for another championship and to find out he cheats, then gets a sanction pass, then his engine sponsor says it is the sanctions fault, makes me wonder has he ever really been legal. I feel like when he drove for Richard and Rob Hoffman that #69 was straight up to the rules. They would not disgrace their legacy that way. The current #69 which is Bacons team with engine support from you and paying homage to that family by running their number apparently is not the same. If 6 or 7 other teams were cheating why didn’t you open your mouth then???? Sadly what was supposed to be one of the most competitive seasons in Usac sprint car racing is just a joke.
There is no obsession with Brady Bacon here. I’ve never cheered or booed for him in all of his years. Once Macon happened things changed in respect to whether this 69 and 19 were ever legit. You associate yourself with Bacon and that’s great. I now have changed my thoughts about you and your support for non wing sprint car racing. Especially tough for me since you come from Pa like me.
Charles wrote an epiphany about all of the cheating he knows about and some his team barely participated in. He is the “largest” Bacon supporter on this board. Seems like a lot of nefarious people are on the Bacon boat.
Again Usac is no saint in this debacle. I call you out Gene, name the 6 or 7 others you know were cheating. Usac was good at making sure of the 4 teams illegal at Ocala during tiregate were never named. One of them won the title. I’d really like for that to not happen again so I really hope Seavey wins the title.
Usac showed once what they thought were actions detrimental to the sport. 6 years later when teams were caught cheating out in the open Usac showed that this is not actions detrimental to the sport.
Hey Gene, my obsession is about a level playing field. Your driver crossed the line. My obsession is about cheaters and a sanction who works in conjunction with cheating.
Last edited by yeleyfan76; 10/16/24 at 9:42 PM.

10/16/24, 8:12 PM   #87
Aurora78

Moles was lucky Bacon was in the top 3 or he would have got suspended.

10/16/24, 9:37 PM   #88
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora78 View Post
Moles was lucky Bacon was in the top 3 or he would have got suspended.
Well said. Could not agree more.

2 members like this post: Grocery Guy, Race Fan 23
10/17/24, 9:52 AM   #89
Dale

If you ain't trying to cheat a little, you ain't likely to win much.-------The King

10/17/24, 3:35 PM   #90
Charles Nungester

Id like to know how this seasons a joke even if Bacon and others cheated when Seavey's just flat whooped their asses? Maybe even I would have a problem if bacon didn't win by over a one race margin in points if he won. I never said it's ok because it's Bacon. I said it was on USAC, not Gene And the only ones that really have a legit gripe is the ones behind him in points NOT YOU OR ME. We have opinions and that's about it.

Also this isn't the only Screw up I seen USAC make this year. Port Royal Champ Cars had two or three penalized for illegal tire after they were told it was legal. Bryson and Leary for sure.

1 member likes this post: OnTheHammer
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bacon going wing racing next year