IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bacon going wing racing next year
10/17/24, 4:39 PM   #91
captrat

As a former dean in a middle school many of these facetious arguments that amount to "well, others are doing it" are of course illogical rationale to excuse one's behavior. Of course the so-called "others" are never named. The answer is enforce the rule with appropriate punishment. In this case I recommend retroactively taking away the Macon points and a fine equivalent to monies won at Macon.

5 members like this post: Dougherty20, erich45, flagboy55, The Old Coyote, TNRustler
10/17/24, 7:33 PM   #92
Re: Bacon going wing racing next year
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

There was video somewere of the following nights drivers meeting where it was brought up and Spridge said it was beyond him and to be handled at the next level (Which I would think is board of directors)

I have no say on any of that.

What still baffles me though is they still don't tech before victory lane. still the only top sanction not doing so.

3 members like this post: erich45, jdull99, The Old Coyote
10/17/24, 8:53 PM   #93
The Old Coyote

What still baffles me though is they still don't tech before victory lane. still the only top sanction not doing so.[/QUOTE

I absolutely agree!!!! The top three should have their cars weighed, their tires checked and measured BEFORE proceeding to victory circle!!!

10/18/24, 3:07 PM   #94
Gene Franckowiak

Yeleyfan.....I have never said that guys should not be penalized for rules infractions. If Brady would have been penalized, I would not even made a comment about it.....but the fact is, Ballou brought this very item up to the officials before anyone hit the track and they chose to do nothing....so yes, it is the organizations fault for not enforcing the rules. Knowing by your moniker that you must be a very experiened car owner and driver of sprint cars, one would have to ask.....don't you find it odd that a few guys would "cheat" in such an obvious way and not event try to hide it.....My humble opinion is that most racers know the general jist of the rulebook but not every detail of it......I have owned 358, 360, & 410 sprint cars that ran in a lot of different divisions and organizations, and I can say that I honestly do not know every rule in the book.........but if I'm caught outside the rules, however, that is no excuse....BTW, the opinion of folks too cowardly to post their real name is really meaningless to us reral racers

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, mc/rider, rmr6nm
10/18/24, 3:11 PM   #95
Gene Franckowiak

Charles, I could not agree more. We only have opinions that are meaningless in the big scope of tings. USAC is not perfect but neither is any other organization. Having actually owned car and raced with several organizations, I can honestly say that I nevver raced for a perfect one. It has always struck me as odd that the people with all the answers are the ones who have never purchased more than an admission ticket or the ones who don't post under their real names. Also, I do hear comments about there being less opportunities for young drivers and fewer car owners geting into the sporrt....well with all the negative posts on many message boards, can you blame people for not wanting to get involved ?

1 member likes this post: mc/rider
10/18/24, 4:24 PM   #96
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Franckowiak View Post
Charles, I could not agree more. We only have opinions that are meaningless in the big scope of tings. USAC is not perfect but neither is any other organization. Having actually owned car and raced with several organizations, I can honestly say that I nevver raced for a perfect one. It has always struck me as odd that the people with all the answers are the ones who have never purchased more than an admission ticket or the ones who don't post under their real names. Also, I do hear comments about there being less opportunities for young drivers and fewer car owners geting into the sporrt....well with all the negative posts on many message boards, can you blame people for not wanting to get involved ?
Gene,. I doubt very seriously what any body on a message board says is going to deter them from being a car owner and if so they shouldn’t be in this game cause they will here worse to their face.

P.s and to make you happy and I guess in your eyes validate my post ,my name is
Patrick Olson

1 member likes this post: Gene Franckowiak
10/18/24, 5:50 PM   #97
jonboat15

[QUOTE=Gene Franckowiak;577546]Yeleyfan.....I have never said that guys should not be penalized for rules infractions. If Brady would have been penalized, I would not even made a comment about it.....but the fact is, Ballou brought this very item up to the officials before anyone hit the track and they chose to do nothing....so yes, it is the organizations fault for not enforcing the rules. Knowing by your moniker that you must be a very experiened car owner and driver of sprint cars, one would have to ask.....don't you find it odd that a few guys would "cheat" in such an obvious way and not event try to hide it.....My humble opinion is that most racers know the general jist of the rulebook but not every detail of it......I have owned 358, 360, & 410 sprint cars that ran in a lot of different divisions and organizations, and I can say that I honestly do not know every rule in the book.........but if I'm caught outside the rules, however, that is no excuse....BTW, the opinion of folks too cowardly to post their real name is really meaningless to us reral racers [/Q

Don't get hurt falling off that high horse while scolding peasants.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bacon going wing racing next year