IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC at Knoxville. Worth it?
10/25/24, 10:58 AM   #1
USAC at Knoxville. Worth it?
jason88cubs

Never seen USAC there, just 410's at the Nationals but thinking of taking trip over next year from Illinois. Is it worth it?

1 member likes this post: TNRustler
10/25/24, 12:28 PM   #2
Re: USAC at Knoxville. Worth it?
Race Fan 23

I plan on going someday, the Nationals are great but man is it crowded.

10/25/24, 12:42 PM   #3
Daisy's dad

I went once a few years ago. They ran the 360 winged cars on the program one night, and the 410 winged cars the other night. My recollection is that the USAC guys were the final feature both nights, and the track was pretty much used up by then.

10/25/24, 12:53 PM   #4
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy's dad View Post
I went once a few years ago. They ran the 360 winged cars on the program one night, and the 410 winged cars the other night. My recollection is that the USAC guys were the final feature both nights, and the track was pretty much used up by then.
That must have been the year I went. The food was more memorable than the race. I'd rather see them at Terre Haute.

10/25/24, 1:50 PM   #5
kb78

We went over last year and it was my first time to Knoxville. It's true that you are not going to see alot of side by side racing but I am kind of a history buff so I could watch the current drivers while I was imagining the Doug Wolfgangs, and Jan Oppermans and Ron Shuman's conquering that big Half mile in days gone by. You will not get to see those guys on any other track that big, Terre Haute and Eldora are not the same size.

Whether it's worth it or not depends on the individual, I have no desire to go to the Nationals and deal with the crowd but I do plan on going back to the USAC show there, if not this year then soon.

1 member likes this post: Aurora78
10/25/24, 1:58 PM   #6
itsanonwingthing

Race Count This Year: 61
Race Count Last Year: 51

The National Sprint Car Hall of Fame and Museum makes it worth if you have never been!

2 members like this post: Dirtfan, nathans1012
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC at Knoxville. Worth it?