IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
jason88cubs (Offline)
  #1 10/25/24 10:58 AM
Never seen USAC there, just 410's at the Nationals but thinking of taking trip over next year from Illinois. Is it worth it?
Race Fan 23 (Offline)
  #2 10/25/24 12:28 PM
I plan on going someday, the Nationals are great but man is it crowded.
Daisy's dad (Offline)
  #3 10/25/24 12:42 PM
I went once a few years ago. They ran the 360 winged cars on the program one night, and the 410 winged cars the other night. My recollection is that the USAC guys were the final feature both nights, and the track was pretty much used up by then.

Dale (Offline)
  #4 10/25/24 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by Daisy's dad:
I went once a few years ago. They ran the 360 winged cars on the program one night, and the 410 winged cars the other night. My recollection is that the USAC guys were the final feature both nights, and the track was pretty much used up by then.
That must have been the year I went. The food was more memorable than the race. I'd rather see them at Terre Haute.

Halfway between Springfield & DuQuoin, and Gilbert AZ
kb78 (Offline)
  #5 10/25/24 1:50 PM
We went over last year and it was my first time to Knoxville. It's true that you are not going to see alot of side by side racing but I am kind of a history buff so I could watch the current drivers while I was imagining the Doug Wolfgangs, and Jan Oppermans and Ron Shuman's conquering that big Half mile in days gone by. You will not get to see those guys on any other track that big, Terre Haute and Eldora are not the same size.

Whether it's worth it or not depends on the individual, I have no desire to go to the Nationals and deal with the crowd but I do plan on going back to the USAC show there, if not this year then soon.
itsanonwingthing (Offline)
  #6 10/25/24 1:58 PM
The National Sprint Car Hall of Fame and Museum makes it worth if you have never been!

Keith Wendel
It's a Non Wing thing,.......you wouldn't understand!
2 Likes: Dirtfan, nathans1012
Andrew S. Quinn (Online)
  #7 10/25/24 3:58 PM
Originally Posted by itsanonwingthing:
The National Sprint Car Hall of Fame and Museum makes it worth if you have never been!
And a few hours west is the Museum of American Speed at Speedway Motors in Lincoln Nebraska......

A return trip to Eagle Raceway for USAC would be ok with me,while out that way..
2 Likes: erich45, oppweld