IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Track Food
2/9/09, 9:53 PM   #61
Re: Track Food
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

The Morgan tailgate at Tri-State & Lawrenceburg...and honestly, right now I'm craving a hot dog from the Bloomington Speedway! Simple, but good.

2/9/09, 9:56 PM   #62
Sandy Lowe

Eldora: I tried the pizza steak once. I wasn't impressed. I'll stick to the cheddarwurst.

Bloomington: I used to like their corn dogs. I must have been the only one since they don't sell them anymore. They do have the best french fries.

South Boston Speedway: Bologna burger.

Gas City: Everything I've eaten there has been good. Nice variety. As Chuck said bottle, can or fountain soda a bonus.

But the absolute best track food I only get now on special occasions. The sloppy joes that were sold at Twin Cities when the Collins' ran the track. It's a great day at Lawrenceburg when Sue brings some from home. Dave you need to look into selling them.

Brownstown: Sloppy joe/barbecue - good, but not quite as tasty as Sue's.

Just a little FYI. Before you eat from a track concession stand you should take note of how clean their facility is. A certain track that I haven't been to in several years had the filthiest bathroom in the concession stand area I have ever seen. If the people who work in the concession stand keep their own restroom that filthy I don't even want to think about what type of sanitary practices they use when preparing the food. The last few times I went there I didn't eat anything that wasn't in a sealed container before it made it to the track (potato chips, etc.).
Last edited by Sandy Lowe; 2/9/09 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Added info

2/9/09, 9:59 PM   #63
badgerfan

Suprised nobody mentioned the home made pies at Spoon River--a great track that needs a little TLC. And Angell Park serves quarts of GREAT ice cream.

2/9/09, 10:03 PM   #64
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Gotta agree about the chicken strips at the Burg being a downturn. Also no chili cheese nachos.

The Burgers and chili cheese fries are great. All in all, not bad

Been years but yeah that Chicken boat at Putnamville was Da bomb. 4 strips and a bunch of fries for like a five spot. Yummy.

2/9/09, 10:28 PM   #65
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

Lawerenceburg; porkchops in a BUD CAN.
Bloomington; BUD IN A CAN.Carry in .
Gas city;16 oz. BUD IN A CAN.3.00.

2/9/09, 10:40 PM   #66
LocalYokel

Its been quite a few years for the east coast tracks but here goes...
Grandview(PA)-Fresh cut french fries and the pizza were awesome
Mountian Speedway (PA, formerly Evergreen)-Perogies

Putnamville-Chicken boat!
Manzy-Burittos and other stuff ocassionally

but far and away the best track food is found at Bakersfield Raceway in Linton Indiana. Anyone whose been there will agree its absolutely no contest...
Last edited by LocalYokel; 2/9/09 at 10:42 PM.

2/9/09, 10:42 PM   #67
wingless1

I have it on good authority that the Tri-State Speedway food is fresh made only days before at Dewigs meats. If you're lucky enough to get a Dewig brat you'll never eat another.

Although I'm partial to the chicken strips and honey mustard.

2/9/09, 10:54 PM   #68
Pine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerman View Post
Lawerenceburg; porkchops in a BUD CAN.
Bloomington; BUD IN A CAN.Carry in .
Gas city;16 oz. BUD IN A CAN.3.00.
Bob, how do you keep from cutting your mouth on the can:rolling

I don't have that down yet....

2/9/09, 11:10 PM   #69
bigwig_1basset

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerfan View Post
Suprised nobody mentioned the home made pies at Spoon River--a great track that needs a little TLC. And Angell Park serves quarts of GREAT ice cream.
Agreed Soon River great track that needs TLC, Loose Meat Sandwich though:thumbsdown:

Eldora- Great chicken wings, and sour kraut:thumb

2/9/09, 11:11 PM   #70
IndyBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston41 View Post
The 'salt balls' are probably the salt potatoes that you get at most tracks upstate. SO Good... Chili Dogs at Oswego are definitely worth mentioning.

Most tracks have frozen food fried up, which doesn't hold a candle to the tracks that have real food.
Dick, Boston41 is 100% correct they are salt potatoes; I have never heard them called 'salt balls' until today. I usually consume my fair share of them every trip I make back east. At Oswego I also like the Hoffman Hot Dogs, Italian Suasage Sandwich and Steak Sandwich. While we are on the subject of food in Oswego anyone planning to attend the Silver Crown race in August should mark on their calendar to stop off at Rudy's Fish Stand or Canale's Italian Restaurant. Both are great places to eat.

At Manzy I go for the Cheese Crisp or Taco Salad.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Track Food