IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: Should blankets to mark seats be allowed days before the show?
Yes 54 23.08%
No 166 70.94%
special circumstances only 14 5.98%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Should there be blankets allowed to be put down before the nights events
9/6/09, 1:18 PM   #91
Re: Should there be blankets allowed to be put down before the nights events
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
To the guy who wants to ban coolers, get a grip.

I quit going to Gas City for Sprint Weeks due to the seat saving. Had an interesting time at Bloomington in 2009 (this year) over the very same practice. Both of these tracks offer fine racing. The Sprint Week shows are excellent. The guy putting down 18 chairs in front of me, then having 12 people show up was a bit over the top.

Stop the practice or figure out a way to make it work. The reserved seating idea sounds decent.
When was the last time you went to any professional sporting event, restaurant, movie, etc. where you were allowed to take in your own food and drink? If in fact we want more quality in the facilities at which PROFESSIONAL short track racing is held we need to fully patronize them (this ain't no end of the year company picnic) and all fans must have the same opportunity for seating.

2 members like this post: Bruce Harrison, SUPERDUKE
9/7/09, 4:18 PM   #92
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modocer 57 View Post
I think Gas City policy sucks, get to the track and take your chance at a good seat like all other working Joe's. Aero do you think you are someone special who's job is so inportmant that sometimes you may be late because of a stock holders board meeting, get a life.
We decided to sell off a couple thousand shares so you might want to get in on the ground floor.

Maybe you ought to get a life instead of posting on a message board at 9:30 on a Saturday night instead of supporting your local dirt track

PS Had to sit on the second row from the top on Sunday at Kokomo and COULD STILL SEE

9/7/09, 4:30 PM   #93
BrentTFunk

I got to Gas City a little late Friday. The four of us sat in row 6 and saw everything great.

9/7/09, 8:59 PM   #94
Danny Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by AERO410SCJA View Post
PS Had to sit on the second row from the top on Sunday at Kokomo and COULD STILL SEE
You're lucky I didn't take my cap off. You'd have been blinded then, son.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

9/8/09, 12:02 AM   #95
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Burton View Post
You're lucky I didn't take my cap off. You'd have been blinded then, son.
I'm glad you said that Danny....so I didnt have to

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

I got an idea, why dont they rebuild the bleachers with just 1 row all the way around the track, that way everyone gets the top row. Oh, but then someone would be pissed off that they got turn 2 instead of the start/finish line. :2:

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

9/8/09, 4:28 AM   #96
Jody Shannon

I go to the races early if I want a good seat, have been practicing this for years. Also have a buddy system of saving seats for folks when they come to my area, and they will return the favor when I go to theirs. Same group of 40 or so of us sit together for most of the major events in the region and all is right in the world.

If anyone ever needs a seat in the Cincy area, and can handle talking about Late Models all night..give me a buzz.

1 member likes this post: awnunn
9/8/09, 7:14 AM   #97
cecil98

Day of the race, only!!! Also, selling reserved seats will not eliminate the practice of blanketing seats. All it will do is force the problem down a couple rows to leave the "general admissioners" to scramble for the best of the remaining seats.

I feel this is also a problem with back stretch parking at Lawrenceburg Speedway. Sometimes we'll go down early to park our vehicle against the fence and have someone pick us up. While doing this, you'll often see a vehicle against the fence and then 60 ft. of caution tape attached to it holding spots for late arrivals. That's crap. Dave should make a rule that back straight parking spots can only be reserved with an actual vehicle. Rule 2: if you put up a canopy, you have to park your vehicle behind it, not next to it.

9/8/09, 8:35 AM   #98
TQ29m

With as much attention this has brought to the surface, I'm sure Washington is looking to appoint a Czar in charge of regulating it! Bob

9/8/09, 9:18 AM   #99
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

Promoters Choice. If they feel they are losing fans im sure they would change it.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, FishBurger, SprintManDave
9/8/09, 10:45 AM   #100
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerman View Post
Promoters Choice. If they feel they are losing fans im sure they would change it.
Marking off a seat is as much as a tradition as racing itself. When we run out of seats at the Burg, Then we will do something then. The WOO show we did'nt allow marking off of seats until the gates opened up, because i was hoping it would be an issue, and it was'nt. I can honestly say that in my three years of working at the track, i have not seen it once where there was'nt a good seat left. We have plenty of seating available all the time.
Let the tradition carry on!!! See you all at the races, i am hoping there won't be any seats left when you get there.:2:
Dave

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Should there be blankets allowed to be put down before the nights events