Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Unfriendly Fan Rule
4/3/10, 10:04 PM   #101
Re: New Unfriendly Fan Rule
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk spridgeon View Post
i'll try to get the point across one more time.

This money is being supplied by the united states auto club. Six figures worth of money is nothing to sneeze at - especially in our sport where we regularly race for a thousand bucks to win. This is an attempt by them to do what the drivers have been screaming for - pay out more money!! And by doing it in this way, there is a path to having a more valuable program that will have tracks willing to pay more money, and it is also a way to attract more sponsors.

Under miller's reign, usac has already boosted standard purses in the sprint car & midget division. That was the first time that had happened in usac in a very long time.

The payout for the ndc is listed above. This is big money and an important carrot for those drivers who choose to follow it.

Because they are the ones providing the money, they are allowed to employ some stipulations. Am i understanding this right that usac should pay out $40,000 to someone who has skipped their races for others, or watered down his own sport so it loses value? Do you think usac races should pay much better, and a track owner should be willing to pay that, just to see those same drivers race the next night, right down the road, for a fraction of the purse?
ask tony jones about the point fund from usac????????????

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk spridgeon View Post
two quick things: Why would anyone pursuing the national driver's championship skip a usac sprint car race on dirt to race a dirt sprint car event elsewhere? Obviously, this will come up - the pennsylvania trip, for example - but the draw of the ndc money is part of what will make guys want to race usac races like those...

Also, there is a sentence in there that says permission could be granted on a race-by-race basis for those who ask. I guess we'll see if that comes up at all.
do you get a check from usac? Or miller?

1 member likes this post: Topless77
4/4/10, 7:28 AM   #102
outsider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERDUKE View Post

do you get a check from usac? Or miller?
I already asked that and Kirk ignored me. I guess we know the truth by his silence.

Yet, he was voted "Race fan of the year"

4/4/10, 9:21 AM   #103
race2win

Quote:
Originally Posted by outsider View Post
I already asked that and Kirk ignored me. I guess we know the truth by his silence.

Yet, he was voted "Race fan of the year"
He probably ignores you because you've displayed time and time again that it's pointless for anyone on here to have a rational discussion with you. You're biased against USAC. WE GET THAT!

4/4/10, 11:25 AM   #104
outsider

Quote:
Originally Posted by race2win View Post
He probably ignores you because you've displayed time and time again that it's pointless for anyone on here to have a rational discussion with you. You're biased against USAC. WE GET THAT!
Rational discussion? When one of those happen let me know. I have yet to see one on here. If a poster doesn't agree to everything they are written off as a you have done.

The arrogance of some people here is absolutely amazing. I never knew how small minded small track racing fans are.

4/4/10, 12:26 PM   #105
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need For Speed View Post
I don't believe I know you...............Consider that the next time you compare me to somebody else.

I did read the rule, I was using those two places as an example. Since you want to get smart..
You are the one that used Gas City as an example, not me. I merely corrected your error. Using Waynesfield as an example is better but dont you think the other side of the coin is to entice Waynesfield to book a USAC race. And since when do I have to own a midget to have an opinion. Hope you have a happy Easter even though I dont agree with a thing you posted.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

4/4/10, 9:46 PM   #106
Need For Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
You are the one that used Gas City as an example, not me. I merely corrected your error. Using Waynesfield as an example is better but dont you think the other side of the coin is to entice Waynesfield to book a USAC race. And since when do I have to own a midget to have an opinion. Hope you have a happy Easter even though I dont agree with a thing you posted.
Who knows if-when-why-why not, Waynesfield gets a USAC date. Either way, penalizing a guy for running a Waynesfield the night after USAC runs at Toledo (even when USAC doesn't have a sprint race scheduled for that day) is asinine!

I remember a few years ago, when Tom Bigelow was running Winchester for Charlie Shaw, they told USAC to 'forget it', and didn't schedule ANY USAC races (for at least that year) because USAC wanted to hit them with a double sanctioning fee and ins. for the Rich Vogler Memorial.

You blast Don Moore, and you act like he's not allowed to voice his opinion as a car owner, so I figured you must have a midget too. You seem to argue every point he makes about costs, etc.

4/4/10, 10:53 PM   #107
Bill Gardner
Administrator

4 members like this post: bandres21, interpreter66, Sandy Lowe, TQ29m
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Unfriendly Fan Rule