IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Robert Ballou's Comments after Macon
7/24/24, 10:24 PM   #131
Re: Robert Ballou's Comments after Macon
racefan20

Anyone ever consider that this is all about selling tshirts? Just before the biggest tshirt selling week of the year

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
Last edited by racefan20; 7/24/24 at 10:28 PM.

7/24/24, 11:23 PM   #132
Frank Reiner

Also in the "Anyone ever consider..." department:

A very obvious infraction, essentially of a long-ago safety nature, is being used as a decoy, a distraction, to divert attention from a more significant performance violation.

1 member likes this post: mc/rider
7/25/24, 12:00 AM   #133
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Reiner View Post
Also in the "Anyone ever consider..." department:

A very obvious infraction, essentially of a long-ago safety nature, is being used as a decoy, a distraction, to divert attention from a more significant performance violation.
That is an old Smokey Yunick trick.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

7/25/24, 10:57 AM   #134
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Anyone ever consider that this is all about selling tshirts? Just before the biggest tshirt selling week of the year
Nope, don’t think so. Just trying to make lemonade outta lemons, so why not take advantage.

Flea Ruzic’s opinion plus video of meeting.

https://x.com/ripjetson9/status/1816292229893263544

7/25/24, 12:06 PM   #135
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
Nope, don’t think so. Just trying to make lemonade outta lemons, so why not take advantage.

Flea Ruzic’s opinion plus video of meeting.

https://x.com/ripjetson9/status/1816292229893263544
I agree with Robert.
But it's fun to stir the pot.

7/25/24, 12:35 PM   #136
cl124

The sad truth to the matter is there is no other and likely will not be another national non-wing series. Due to that USAC clearly feels they can just act as this never happened and nothing will change for them which sucks/flat out isn't right and isn't fair to any fans/drivers alike. Seeing this being handled this way sure makes me wonder how many times things of this sort have gone on in the past that noone's caught. I'd venture to say it's more than any of us could imagine.

7/25/24, 3:14 PM   #137
streetglider

You hit the nail on the head 124 ! What irks me is that people on IOW are always talking about how to grow and promote this sport we love , only to have the sanctioning body allow this to go on. Spridge is a tool, nobody will dispute that , but we all know that it went to the competition committee the following Monday and the higher ups at USAC turned a blind eye to the issue as well. Now I ask you this…. Would you as a parent or a racer want to race with or support this kind of club???? Just food for thought …..
Last edited by streetglider; 7/25/24 at 3:18 PM.

5 members like this post: bighd0522, billw, Hubie48, PIT CART, yeleyfan76
7/25/24, 5:07 PM   #138
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

The next USAC sprint car show is tomorrow July 26th in Putnamville Ind. Ill be there

7/25/24, 5:34 PM   #139
cl124

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetglider View Post
You hit the nail on the head 124 ! What irks me is that people on IOW are always talking about how to grow and promote this sport we love , only to have the sanctioning body allow this to go on. Spridge is a tool, nobody will dispute that , but we all know that it went to the competition committee the following Monday and the higher ups at USAC turned a blind eye to the issue as well. Now I ask you this…. Would you as a parent or a racer want to race with or support this kind of club???? Just food for thought …..
And there in lies the biggest issue. With only one national series it’s either support or don’t partake at all. As a major non wing sprint car fan unfortunately I’ll continue to go because I enjoy it so much as the same with so many others. That’s why usac can get away with it. Same with the drivers. You want to race for the biggest paying shows in nonwing sprints? Race usac or don’t at all. Don’t doubt that it’s had an affect on some guys going wing or never racing with usac.

2 members like this post: Hubie48, yeleyfan76
7/25/24, 6:42 PM   #140
bighd0522

It seems as if your associated with the energy drink company you have a free pass! Maybe Mr Ballou needs to take red bull or some other brand in front of the camera!

2 members like this post: Hubie48, yeleyfan76
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Robert Ballou's Comments after Macon