IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Robert Ballou's Comments after Macon
7/26/24, 3:27 PM   #151
Re: Robert Ballou's Comments after Macon
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
Did they boycott one sanction for a week and moved on after proving a point or was this a much larger issue?
They boycotted the actual tracks, especially Houston Raceway Park, easily one of the nicest dirt track racing facilities in the country. They didn't like the guy who owned/promoted the track. There were, of course, other issues with the track closures such as low fan counts, too many classes, etc. Honestly, I was just floored by the boycotts. I had never seen racers going on and on about where the weren't going to race. . .

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
7/26/24, 4:26 PM   #152
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Think a couple like Hubie have missed the post that I agree the penalty should have been innacted on the spot.>

Think some missed that I said I agree with Robert.

I made the point that cars should be scaled and once over before being brought to victory lane (Every sanction does this now except USAC)

I make the point now that most of these tracks sole profit is from Sprint week and other USAC shows. The weekly shows either lose or break even

So Boycott all ya want, you'll have less tracks. Only one thing to do here, It's pretty clear to both racers and fans alike. (I however don't question the guys love for the sport)

7/26/24, 5:08 PM   #153
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Think a couple like Hubie have missed the post that I agree the penalty should have been innacted on the spot.>

Think some missed that I said I agree with Robert.

I made the point that cars should be scaled and once over before being brought to victory lane (Every sanction does this now except USAC)

I make the point now that most of these tracks sole profit is from Sprint week and other USAC shows. The weekly shows either lose or break even

So Boycott all ya want, you'll have less tracks. Only one thing to do here, It's pretty clear to both racers and fans alike. (I however don't question the guys love for the sport)
You have made the comments as you stated. The issue now is that the sanction is corrupt, outdated, and not doing anything to progress nw racing. If ISW were boycotted then the tracks might get smart and tell Usac to take a hike. I’ve heard both sides about how it was great before Usac got involved and how having Usac made it better. I guess with the current state of affairs maybe change is needed. Usac thinks they are untouchable. If the Indiana tracks say we’ve had enough since the fans are pissed, what happens?? Usac really doesn’t have a national following like other series do. Where are they gonna go? Again Usac has no competition. What if they had no tracks in Indiana to race at either??? There has to be one or two promoters within the state that could take ISW over and make it just the same. At what point do people just say it’s just bad enough and it’s time for change. Usac brought this on themselves. Again Bacon and Moles are just pawns in this game. They cheated and should be made examples of but it hasn’t gotten bad enough. I know when either one of them win I’ll be skeptical. Will others? Who knows. Sadly things can never be the same after Spridge decided to over rule the rule book. It can’t be taken back. Progress will only be made when he is gone and Miller is as well. Remember he pulls the puppet strings of (A glorified race fan that wouldn’t know which way to turn the wrench)
Hopefully this wknd goes without issue but I don’t think it’s possible now. Good luck to the teams that play by the rules. You are up against the Usac clique and that tough to beat.

7/26/24, 5:46 PM   #154
Charles Nungester

I'll be at Burg and Circle City (First timer there) But it is the only other track on the schedule within 1.5hrs A self limiting rule due to parents condition and needs.

7/26/24, 5:56 PM   #155
BLASTER1

Is Ballou at the race tonight or did he join the Outlaws?

1 member likes this post: Hubie48
7/26/24, 6:21 PM   #156
Charles Nungester

57 cars.

7/26/24, 7:37 PM   #157
Coach

I’ve been told (I’m not there) by someone who is there that they have huge crowd. I guess it may take a while for the boycott to take effect

1 member likes this post: TBONE
7/26/24, 7:45 PM   #158
DJlives

Please. ISW pre and post USAC is apples and oranges. It made all the difference in the world

7/26/24, 7:48 PM   #159
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
I’ve been told (I’m not there) by someone who is there that they have huge crowd. I guess it may take a while for the boycott to take effect
There won’t be a boycott. The fan base will go along to get along. It’s ok. Spridge and the boys will laugh in everyone’s face every nite knowing they are a fraud and keep collecting money. Nowhere else to race these cars or watch them. They win.

1 member likes this post: Hubie48
7/26/24, 8:39 PM   #160
DJlives

Largest field in 20 years

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Robert Ballou's Comments after Macon