IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Weather???????
1/29/09, 7:04 PM   #181
Re: Weather???????
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
How do you guys like this thing they call winter?
It didnt bother me any,but then I am used to it.

Years ago when I was still in Maine,I called my Chili Bowl host in Tulsa (We were Knoxville Nationals room mates at the time) in the middle of winter to find out what he had for plans later that year. So he tells me "we're having a blizzard here in Tulsa right now,everything is shut down". So I asked him how much snow does Tulsa get for a blizzard?? Well, he says,you know about 4-5 inches!! I says is that all??? So then he asks me how much snow do we get in Maine to have a blizzard,and I told him at least 2 feet and the wind blowing.

So when ever we got a snowstorm later that winter I always called,and depending on snowfall,I would tell him we were having a "Tulsa Blizzard" or we were having a "Quadruple Tulsa Blizzard" and so on.

Yesterday I called him and told him we were having a "2 1/2 or so Tulsa Blizzard" !!!

1/29/09, 8:42 PM   #182
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
It didnt bother me any,but then I am used to it.

Years ago when I was still in Maine,I called my Chili Bowl host in Tulsa (We were Knoxville Nationals room mates at the time) in the middle of winter to find out what he had for plans later that year. So he tells me "we're having a blizzard here in Tulsa right now,everything is shut down". So I asked him how much snow does Tulsa get for a blizzard?? Well, he says,you know about 4-5 inches!! I says is that all??? So then he asks me how much snow do we get in Maine to have a blizzard,and I told him at least 2 feet and the wind blowing.

So when ever we got a snowstorm later that winter I always called,and depending on snowfall,I would tell him we were having a "Tulsa Blizzard" or we were having a "Quadruple Tulsa Blizzard" and so on.

Yesterday I called him and told him we were having a "2 1/2 or so Tulsa Blizzard" !!!
:rolling:rolling:rolling

2/3/09, 2:38 PM   #183
Jerry Spencer

Red Flag on I69 due to bad accidents, word is people driving over there heads.

Jerry #66
www.joshspencer.com

2/3/09, 3:14 PM   #184
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Spencer View Post

Jerry #66
www.joshspencer.com
Unfortunately, that is an everyday occurance. Too many people in too big a hurry.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

2/3/09, 3:42 PM   #185
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

I wish you guys would take ALL the snow as the storm goes by, and not keep leaving some for us. It just started here, and it's predicted to continue until Thursday morning. We had over 2 feet on the ground, but some of it melted over the past couple of days.

2/3/09, 3:46 PM   #186
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Spencer View Post

Jerry #66
www.joshspencer.com

Must be from Kokomo

2/3/09, 3:58 PM   #187
Heromaker

Nice and 80 today in California.

2/3/09, 6:46 PM   #188
Tim Watson

The temps have been in the teens here for a while and we did get an inch or 2 of dust this morning but we haven't had a big snow in almost a month! :thumb

2/3/09, 7:17 PM   #189
jim9

down in rohad sland it is ver nice

2/7/09, 1:11 PM   #190
Tim Watson

The melt is on here in the land of cheese! Our 4 feet of snow we had so far this winter is slowly melting as we are at 43 degrees here Saturday morning. I can even see a few spots of open lawn in the yard! Wind gusts from the west at 25 mph could go away though and it would be the perfect February day. Time to haul out the grill, crack a BEER or 6 and throw on some brats! :wink

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Weather???????