IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
TQ29m (Offline)
  #11 8/7/13 3:54 PM
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam:
He shoulda swerved to miss that guy. Lol. Maybe the wing blocked his view. I don't like seeing him run winged sprints anyway. He's been slapping the non-wings in the face ever since he defected in my opinion. Plus his track hardly schedules non-wing sprints anymore so good riddens Tony. I'm not gonna miss ya.

Posted via Mobile Device
Hey Bill, here's one for the TRASH! Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
2 Likes: Pat O'Connor Fan, team3521
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #12 8/7/13 6:35 PM
Papa Outlaw. I'm no geography expert , but last time I heard Waynesfield Ohio, is well, in Ohio. Also BOSS is a traveling NON WING series based in Ohio. Also, a couple tracks in Illinois are also non wing now. It isn't just 2 states anymore, and the call for none wings is growing.

Last time I saw Tony run without a barn door on his cage of a sprinter was at Terre Haute last year. You could tell it had been a while, but he was up front by the end of the feature.

I'm tired of the media making a big deal about sprint car crashes. It didn't take a very long time to forget about Earnhardt , did it. Racing is dangerous as we all know, and Tony wasn't the first driver hurt this year, and unfortunately, probably not the last. I just wish the media would cover more than just the wrecks. Outside of slamming the sport of sprint car racing, or sensationalizing a wreck, when was the last time that rag the Indy Star even put a sprint car race result in it ? Face it , if it ain't blood and guts they don't care.
10 Likes: dirt330, gentry26x, jim goerge, KENDALLRACING, mikeham73, MOORESVILLETRUCKER, mowerman, mtek56, speed bump, Xflagman
TommyTipover (Offline)
  #13 8/7/13 7:26 PM
Originally Posted by TQ29m:
Hey Bill, here's one for the TRASH! Bob
The guy is not entitled to an opinion?

Posted via Mobile Device
TQ29m (Offline)
  #14 8/7/13 7:31 PM
Not when it's written as it is, with a hate pen! And some of the stuff he's followed it up with, doesn't make him sound like any angel either. An "opinion", yes, that was not an "opinion"! Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, team3521
sp6967 (Offline)
  #15 8/7/13 7:38 PM
nothing against tony, but i sure miss earl baltes.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help." President Ronald Reagan
4 Likes: flatout18, monkeyboy, racephoto1, sc17x
sw1911 (Offline)
  #16 8/7/13 10:05 PM
I seem to recall Tony running near the back at Terre Haute last year. He was in Levi's backup car because only 13 other cars showed up.
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #17 8/7/13 10:20 PM
He ended up fifth, after 6 years of not being in a non wing car.

IMG_5473 copy by uncloose1, on Flickr

He also wasn't afraid to ride the rim either. He's just a racer's racer. He'll drive anything, anytime , anywhere.I've even seen him run a MTQRL race at Columbus this year.
2 Likes: billwill7, KENDALLRACING
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #18 8/8/13 11:22 AM
I still love that avitar Sam. Real race cars from my younger days.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
kcarm92 (Offline)
  #19 8/8/13 11:33 AM
Not to be a smart azz or take anything from tony but think only 7 cars finished the feature at that. And its his money and choice if he wants to run sprints (wing or non).

Posted via Mobile Device
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, KENDALLRACING, Morgan7m, racephoto1, team3521
monkeyboy (Offline)
  #20 8/8/13 12:00 PM
He will run anytime anywhere except indy in may.

Posted via Mobile Device

All I need is a heavy track and heavy buzz!
2 Likes: mikeham73, racephoto1