IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Vinceracer39 (Offline)
  #11 12/5/11 10:03 AM
I say put Reutimann in there for a year he won't tear up equipment and after Hornish has won his Nationwide championship next year and his confidence is fully restored in himself and the organization move him into that seat. Just my thought.
5 Likes: Bruce Harrison, PJ Wright, team3521, VSneader2
Midget 89 (Offline)
  #12 12/5/11 11:54 AM
Bruce Harrison (Offline)
  #13 12/5/11 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by REH24:
Will be interesting to see if anyone picks up Busch for 2012 season.

REH
He has a Champion's Provisional in his pocket, he'll get offers from the new teams and the start-and-park teams
REH24 (Offline)
  #14 12/5/11 1:02 PM
Originally Posted by Bruce Harrison:
He has a Champion's Provisional in his pocket, he'll get offers from the new teams and the start-and-park teams
True, I never gave the provisional a thought but did figure he would probably end up with a start and park team due to lack of availablity of top notch team rides.

REH

"Don't let your life determine your attitude, let your attitude determine your life"

“Sight has to do with what we can see, but vision has to do with what we can be.”
apexonephoto (Offline)
  #15 12/5/11 1:36 PM
As much as a condescending a-hole as he can be, whomever they replace him with in the short term will be a lesser driver on the track. I always took any Penske team as being competitive and not just there to appease sponsors. I don't consider his behavior tolerable and I can see why they did it. Because off track conduct is such a big thing with that team as well.

Isn't the reason so many people dislike "swell, good-guy" Jimmie Johnson because of the robot like sound bytes?

David Ragan is in cup for one reason and one reason only, his Daddy. Reutimann has that "my daddy has been driving modifieds for the last 150 years", support as well.

I'm not a fan of all four of the guys I have brought up. But doesn't anyone like drivers who have a chance of succeeding on the track anymore?

I'm sure Busch would have a better chance in succeeding in Pro Stock NHRA then most of the cup drivers today have of ever winning a cup race. He's still had a better career then most ever will.
indybail (Offline)
  #16 12/5/11 1:51 PM
Originally Posted by Pat O'Connor Fan:
Both of the Busch brothers need to follow the following instructions:

Reach between your knees.
Grasp your ears firmly.
Pull your head out of your A $ $
Ya know, I would have figured with ears like theirs, that would have happened a long time ago.
mortboyz
  #17 12/5/11 1:58 PM
I'm thinking Justin Allgaier would make a nice fit in Roger's car. Nice kid, great family, well spoken, very appreciative of his opportunities, has history with Penske and can wheel a race car.

Or.....what the hell, put Kenny Schrader in it and I might start watchin Nascar again....
2 Likes: smith19, Speedwrench
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #18 12/5/11 2:00 PM
I wonder how many years Ricky has left on his contract with Roush? With the lineup Joe has in his Sprint Cup program, that's a pretty hard varsity to make. Fresh off his Nationwide championship, he's a marketable driver. Plus, he can drive, too.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
2 Likes: Bruce Harrison, K9Racer
openwheelKT (Offline)
  #19 12/5/11 2:10 PM
Not sure what Cole Whitt's options are with Red Bull getting out, but I'd get him in the pipeline if I could.

I'd move Hornish into the #22 seat (the only way he gets better is by seat time...you can't decide if a driver is good or not based on a limited amount of time...also has worked with Pennzoil with Panther). I'd put Cole in the #12 Nationwide car (sounds like they have money to run that full-time next year). Hard to really get the guy you want with the short timeframe. I'd give Sam another shot, he's already in-house.
davidm (Offline)
  #20 12/5/11 2:44 PM
Wow! I didn't see that coming.