IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Best Asphalt Sprint car race to attend?
2/20/08, 3:15 PM   #11
Re: Best Asphalt Sprint car race to attend?
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Only one. Little 500.:thumb

2/20/08, 3:43 PM   #12
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Having only been to three. Old Queen City. IRP and Winchester.

Queen city was ok.
WInchester was boring to me, Steel winning by half a lap. Well I don't consider that racing

IRP. Slidejobs and side by side racing. Oh wait, thats kinda like Dirt!

IRP for me
Chuck

2/20/08, 4:05 PM   #13
AlkyMadness

Non-Wing: Winchester (Little 500 is good, but nothing beats the hold-your-breath action at Winchester; also, if you go to the show in April, you get to see a good CRA super late model race).

Don't know where you live, but the Friday night USAC show at Richmond is usually very good. The last two that I went to had multiple lead changes and exciting finishes. Also, you can stick around and watch the Silver Crown and IRL on Saturday.

There will be a USAC show at Shady Bowl in Ohio this year. First time USAC's been there (that I'm aware of), so the teams will be coming into this without any set-up notes. Should be interesting.

Wing: Again, the King of Wings show at Winchester. Last year's race was awesome with Shane Butler having to go to the rear at the re-start and coming thru the field to win. This is co-sanctioned with AVSS and HOSS.

Another awesome show is the AVSS show at Toledo in mid-June with the ISMA Super-Modifieds. If you want to see great open wheel short-track racing on pavement, nothing beats the super modifieds. Any show for them is usually pretty damn good (Hy-Miler at Sandusky, Mansfield, Jennerstown, Berlin, Dixie, Lorain). Or, come South in November and watch the East-West Challenge for Supers at Concord (along with North-South Shootout for Tour-type Mods).

Someday, I plan on hitting several HOSS shows. They run at a lot of Indiana tracks that I've never been to (Plymouth, New Paris, Angola, Illiana

Speaking of Sandusky, I know they are only 305's, but their regular sprint class has some great racing.

2/20/08, 4:23 PM   #14
etpro43

Richmond is a pretty cool place for the sprinters.

2/20/08, 5:59 PM   #15
Dwight Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacinFool View Post
Oswego International classic / Lil 500 :respect::respect::thumb
Tom, for the last 45 years or so I would agree on the Classic. But I have been reading about ISMA booking a show against the Classic this year. What gives with that? As for the question at hand the Little 500 is a must see.

2/20/08, 6:35 PM   #16
hosstalker

How about this?

August 9 HOSS runs with the ISMA supers at Mansfield, then goes to Winchester for the King of the Wings the next day.

Since its two races in 24 hours, can that count as my must see pavement race???

I will be at the Little 500 regardless...

2/20/08, 9:56 PM   #17
RacinFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Clock View Post
Tom, for the last 45 years or so I would agree on the Classic. But I have been reading about ISMA booking a show against the Classic this year. What gives with that? As for the question at hand the Little 500 is a must see.
Its been a mess for the last couple of years Dwight, Not really what the Supermodifieds need at this point. We ran our last race at the 2006 classic and sadly don't see myself running supers anymore.

2/20/08, 10:28 PM   #18
Honest-Sam

From a mechanic's perspective, I've never been a huge fan of Anderson, in spite of our success there. I've always felt that it's just too small to really let a sprint car "stretch it's legs". Winchester, however is a different story. I'm super happy that we'll get to run there multiple times this year. If it costs me an Anderson show and an IRP show, then so be it.

2/20/08, 10:51 PM   #19
pgray

Winchester.

Winchester never disappoints.

Paul Gray :greenflag: www.paulgray28.com

2/20/08, 10:56 PM   #20
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

i gotta say little 500..:checkered::checkered:

"{If You Find Your Self Upside Down,That Means You Went Over The Edge}"

"{Dont Let The Fear of Flipping Get In The Way Of Winning}"

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Best Asphalt Sprint car race to attend?