IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #11 8/29/11 7:38 PM
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn:
Drive faster !
Dad does the driving, that way i can have a few of these.....

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Originally Posted by Fred Zirzow:
Are you walking there?...lol See you there!! And Friday also.
No not walking Fred but when Dad drives it does take us 2 hours. Friday i need to be at home, no racing for me.
gtownplowboy (Offline)
  #12 8/30/11 11:47 AM
Will be makin my virgin trip to Angell Park.. Cannot wait. Gotta work Friday or would be at Lassalle too. Then back home to Kokomo Sunday..
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, PAW
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #13 8/30/11 3:54 PM
The Angel Park website says that you can get $10 off the price of admission if you stay at one of the four following places Friday and/or Saturday night and bring a receipt: McGovern’s, Super 8, Quality Inn & Suites and Watertower Inn.

Hate to admit it, but this will be my first visit to Angel Park. I plan to do my usual; get a pit pass, put down my seat, go to the pits to take some pictures and then watch the races from the grandstand. Is there anything I should know? When do the pits open? Since I try to keep track of race lineups and finishes, is the sound system and announcer good enough to get that from the grandstands, or will I have to go back and forth from the grandstand to the USAC trailer to get them? Can you put down a seat when the pits open? Alternatively, do the pit grandstands give a good enough view that I should sit in them? At some Indiana tracks (for example Gas City, Putnamville, Twin Cities) the pit grandstands make great seats, while at others the lights are in your eyes, the sound system non-existant, etc.

Really looking forward to a great night. Hope to see some IOWers up there. Thanks for any advice you can give, including good places to eat.

Frank Daigh
John P Huss (Offline)
  #14 8/30/11 4:00 PM
Thanks all you IOW fans for planning on coming
to Angell Park. Hope it's enjoyable and you'll
come back next year often.
Best Regards,
John
Andrew S. Quinn (Online)
  #15 8/30/11 5:05 PM
I havent been to the Prairie for awhile,Frank,but I've always put something down in the stands with no problems. I like sitting in the high grandstands down towards turn one. Really not a bad seat in the house. The pits are in the infield,and they take the haulers outside.
Fred Zirzow (Offline)
  #16 8/30/11 7:05 PM
Just seen this.

ATTENTION BADGER & POWRI MIDGET DRIVERS, C.W. Promotions is offering up a $1000 BONUS to any BADGER or POWRI driver who can win the PEPSI Nationals!!! The driver must be outside the top 10 in USAC National Points.

Pepsi Nationals

Saturday Sept 3rd

Hot Laps @ 6

Racing @ 7

Teams who are racing at La Salle friday night, Angll Park will be opening the pits at 10am Saturday for unloading in the infield.

Fred Zirzow
PAW (Offline)
  #17 8/30/11 7:44 PM
Originally Posted by gtownplowboy:
will be makin my virgin trip to angell park.. Cannot wait. ..
me too!!!!!!!!!!!!1

:99:: Wings Don't Move Air THEY SUCK
mortboyz
  #18 8/30/11 9:29 PM
This would make a pretty cool birthday present, eh?
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #19 8/30/11 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by mortboyz:
Is that what is called a broad hint?

Frank Daigh
2 Likes: Andrew S. Quinn
AERO410SCJA (Offline)
  #20 8/30/11 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by mortboyz:
Try making the midget race in your home state firstHope to see ya this weekend Morty.
2 Likes: Andrew S. Quinn