IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > johnny heydenrich.........
12/8/11, 9:16 AM   #11
Re: johnny heydenrich.........
Seadog

I've seen Hot Rod survive some nasty racing crashes over the years and I expect he'll do the same this time. Fingers crossed.

I was at Dixie Speedway in Woodstock, GA back in '04 for a USAC sprint show and saw him walk away from a monster crash there. I think they carried the car away in baskets but he was OK.

I hope and pray he is again OK this time.

1 member likes this post: IndyBound
12/8/11, 3:56 PM   #12
PIT CART

Hot Rod is one tough dude! Get well Johnny.

Posted via Mobile Device

12/8/11, 5:24 PM   #13
SC90

Thank you to everyone for the well wishes for Johnny. I haven't talked to him yet, but I hope to have a chance to talk to him later tonight. Tom, John's friend and car owner with the #57B Sprint Car, spoke to John last night on the phone. He is banged up pretty badly with some broken bones -- arm, ankle and cracked ribs. If I get any additional updates, I will let you know.

Get better soon, John!

Sharon
USAC Silver Crown #90

12/8/11, 7:33 PM   #14
Jerry Spencer

I will never forget the night Josh called from Lincoln Nebraska looking for a ride home to race the next night here in Kokomo. Josh had hit the road like he had done for years with Tony Elliott and Jeff Walker, this time it was for the C.R.A. tour, the next stop was in Colorado on the asphalt, Josh had wrapped up the track championship at Kokomo (Quarter Midget) and was not going to race the last race to chase the sprint cars like he had done in the past with Tony. Josh had also spent some time at Jack and Judy Yeley's home to catch the west coast races, well Jack had teased Josh about being a racer and being a race fan, a racer races a fan goes and watches so needless to say Josh needed a ride home. The call came after the feature when I was getting ready for work (midnight-er) I told Josh I would leave as soon as I got off of work at seven am and have him back in time to race, ten min. after Josh called the phone rang again and Josh said Jack had found him a ride back to Indy if we could met them in Indy, I ask who the ride was and was OK with the ride back. The next morning we met Josh and his ride, Josh looks like he has been up all night so I ask him why he did not sleep on the way home, Josh told me that him and Jack were walking thru the push off line and that John had fell asleep in line so he was not going to take any chances on John falling asleep coming home. Needless to say John got my best friend home safe, Jack and Judy sent him with someone we could all trust. Josh won the feature that night and to this day loves Tony,Jeff,Jack,Judy,and John. John is as tough as leather,Tom Chalk told us after a hard crash at Eldora. John and the people involved in getting Josh home that night from Nebraska are as tough as leather and as smooth as silk. Josh was ten years old at the time and to this day tells us things are not the same.

John you are always in our thoughts and prayers.

Jerry Spencer
stida.com

5 members like this post: IndyBound, interpreter66, jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan, SC90
12/10/11, 12:55 AM   #15
wbr

I hope Johnny is ok. Please give more info as you have it.
What state is he in and how long will he need to stay there?

12/10/11, 2:29 AM   #16
IndyBound

Mark, from what I have heard the accident happend in Greenville, N. C., the friends I talked with today had no further information than what we had heard Wed. and Sharon posted on here. I believe he must be hospitalized in N.C., but I never asked that question. Praying for John's full recovery.

Patti
Last edited by IndyBound; 12/10/11 at 2:33 AM.

1 member likes this post: wbr
12/10/11, 10:22 AM   #17
RacinFool

Get well soon Bud!

12/10/11, 12:11 PM   #18
c47

found on another board by a guy who found it on another board.....dont know how accurate but if its true, john is a very lucky man....

Here's some more news that I found on HAMB:

I just learned that John suffered numerous broken bones and lacerations and is in a hospital In Greenville NC. He will be facing a long road to recovery with much rehab.
Will post more info when available.

just talked to his ex father in law, all his ribs are broken, numerous broken bones in arms and legs, somehow he was "scalped" in the accident, he's had two surgeries and has more scheduled. He fell asleep and ran into a parked semi, went over a guard rail and ended up in a river, some people who saw the accident pulled him out of the vehicle before he drowned. He's gonna make it but is hurt pretty bad

Do you suppose we could send e-mails to his hospital as messages for him? Some hospitals do that. Any info you could provide would be appreciated. I've never seen him race, but I'm sure kind words from anyone would help. Thanks.

12/10/11, 12:37 PM   #19
team3521

Wow! if this is true....

He is really lucky to be still with us!

LONG! .... long road to recovery!

Hot Rod is pretty tough though. He'll make it back.

Keep praying for him! Sounds like he needs a lot of them!

1/22/12, 3:41 PM   #20
sprntr

Any updates on John?

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > johnny heydenrich.........