IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Live heat races from Daytona
2/18/13, 9:52 PM   #11
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
I just watched the last 10 laps. Did something happen to get Kyle so worked up? The last lap pass was not a thing of beauty.
Not really. The top three ran nose to tail the last 75 laps. It was pretty clean.

Posted via Mobile Device

2/18/13, 10:08 PM   #12
Re: Live heat races from Daytona
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexonephoto View Post
Not really. The top three ran nose to tail the last 75 laps. It was pretty clean.

Posted via Mobile Device
I read a tweet that implies that these two have a history. Anyone have any details?

1 member likes this post: #1Brad Kuhn Fan
2/18/13, 10:14 PM   #13
Eldora Three

Put the bumper to the leader once, ok, but don't spin him out for the win. That's not racing, shorttrack or otherwise. I would like to have seen what happened afterwards. Say what you want but I lost a lot of respect for Larson. I want to see him try that tomorrow in the Modifieds.

5 members like this post: Bostonian, interpreter66, midget96, spicoli, turn4
2/18/13, 10:35 PM   #14
rpedersen20

With the way auto racing is today you have to be noticed. I would love to see him do it tommorow in the mod and on Saturday in the other jalopy he is running. I don't think he would have made much of an impression running 2nd. Good job Kyle get after them tomorrow!

1 member likes this post: dirt330
2/18/13, 11:10 PM   #15
ossuks

That was wrong, been arguing with haters telling them he was as good as I've ever seen, but, damn. that was a bull$hit move and who ever was in charge should give him a one lap penalty!

5 members like this post: Bostonian, erich45, interpreter66, spicoli, turn4
2/18/13, 11:11 PM   #16
mini30762

Please don't look for respectful racing in the modifieds. I grew up watching guys like Richie Evans, Tony Siscone, Charlie J, and Jimmy Spencer running the Nascar Circle of Champions races at New Egypt. Those days are long gone. Today, most people try to drive through someone instead of AROUND them. It's the main reason that I'm a fan of sprint car racing. Kyle will fit right in if he chooses to use the "chrome horn" as his passing weapon of choice.

2 members like this post: c47, I Miss Manzy
2/18/13, 11:36 PM   #17
racephoto1

I like Kyle a lot, but that was a pi$$ poor move. I remember at midget week at Kokomo when he apologized to
Pickens after tangling with him. Told Kyle it was a classy move to apoligize, you don't hear that much. Bet you didn't hear it tonight.

As for the mods, I grew up watching MacTavish, Hop Harrington, Old man Flemke and the like. They have big bumpers on those cars for a reason, tomorrow watch and see why.

1 member likes this post: interpreter66
2/19/13, 12:03 AM   #18
Danny Burton

Grandson staying here tonight. We normally watch sprint cars on youtube. But tonight I said we'd watch stock cars on TV because Kyle was racing (yes, he knows).

He fell asleep at the halfway mark.

I'd be curious to see what would happen if Mr. Larson tries to turn Ted Christopher.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

2 members like this post: I Miss Manzy, turn4
2/19/13, 12:06 AM   #19
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexonephoto View Post
Should be on a 5:30 http://hometracks.nascar.com/

Kyle Larson is racing all three different cars. The track is just the backstretch at Daytona set up like a go kart track.

The features are on speed tonight.
Since they had a delay when the lights went out, he could have made the feature at New Symrna. A.J. would have.

2 members like this post: apexonephoto, interpreter66
2/19/13, 12:45 AM   #20
racephoto1

Quote:
Originally Posted by racephoto1 View Post
I like Kyle a lot, but that was a pi$$ poor move. I remember at midget week at Kokomo when he apologized to
Pickens after tangling with him. Told Kyle it was a classy move to apoligize, you don't hear that much. Bet you didn't hear it tonight.

As for the mods, I grew up watching MacTavish, Hop Harrington, Old man Flemke and the like. They have big bumpers on those cars for a reason, tomorrow watch and see why.
Kyle would be better off fighting a rabid dog then to tangle with Terrible Ted.

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Live heat races from Daytona