IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > IOW Night at The Lawrenceburg Speedway
12/18/07, 8:53 PM   #11
Re: IOW Night at The Lawrenceburg Speedway
smith19

Maybe Have The Winner Draw A Name (an Iow Memmber) For Some Cash Or Throw 10 Frisbee's With A Dollar Amount On Them And What Ever The Driver Caught Is The Amount Of A Bonus He Will Run For.

12/18/07, 9:52 PM   #12
ThaBurgFan

Whatever you guys dream up is cool with us. I would like to nominate my four year old for a ride in the pace truck to start the race.

depressed and missing racing,

Shane

12/18/07, 10:17 PM   #13
Eagle14

I feel anything with all the fans. The Front Row Challenge is a great fan thing when it doesn't rain... a good model to look at. As well as Girls holding up heat race signs... preferably infront of section A....lol Ummm BEER SPECIALS.... HOTDOG SPECIALS......uhhh.We will need to contain Racefan20... and Danny Burton... but extra security shouldn't be a problem

12/18/07, 10:26 PM   #14
mizzmeatboy

How about a night with qualifing??? But do it like the Racin' with DO Hero & Hot Dog. Everybody pays $$$ to qual and a base purse [sponsor] Fast time pays a bunch and top 3 get cash. It has nothing to do with heat races. Just a good fast time qual event. I saw this on D.O. 1994 video yesterday from the 1st Racin'-fest at Bloomington. You could here the announcers and fans screaming like Indy quals were long ago with the roadsters.

Run passing points to get cars into the feature then invert them all.

12/18/07, 10:40 PM   #15
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzmeatboy View Post
How about a night with qualifing??? But do it like the Racin' with DO Hero & Hot Dog. Everybody pays $$$ to qual and a base purse [sponsor] Fast time pays a bunch and top 3 get cash. It has nothing to do with heat races. Just a good fast time qual event. I saw this on D.O. 1994 video yesterday from the 1st Racin'-fest at Bloomington. You could here the announcers and fans screaming like Indy quals were long ago with the roadsters.

Run passing points to get cars into the feature then invert them all.
Better yet, Run it with passing points Top 16 locked 8 from the B. No Guaranteed fourth or better in the heat gets in.

Thats also a Idea you could possibly do with only one other class running, The Two heat passing points invert the first finishers in the second.

Chuck

12/18/07, 10:50 PM   #16
Danny Burton

Have Aero going thru the stands....selling beer.

Have racegal be Miss IOW.com.

Have Marv wave the green flag to start the feautre. (This might be an insurance issue though.)

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

12/18/07, 11:02 PM   #17
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Burton View Post
Have Marv wave the green flag to start the feautre. (This might be an insurance issue though.)
With Medicare or whom?:rolling:

12/19/07, 6:30 AM   #18
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Burton View Post
Have Aero going thru the stands....selling beer.
How many do you think he would a actually sell??

Surely come back with no beer and no money either!!

12/19/07, 7:57 AM   #19
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

[QUOTE=Danny Burton;21477]Have Aero going thru the stands....selling beer.

Have racegal be Miss IOW.com.

Have Marv wave the green flag to start the feautre. (This might be an insurance issue though.)[/QUOTe

Aero selling beer? Thats a new one:rolling: A hot lap with the now departed Shortbus would have been neat, SHORTBUS @ the wheel and Marv waving the L-Burg flag!

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

12/19/07, 9:05 AM   #20
Al Soran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rudisell View Post
I am wanting some imput on IOW Night for 2008. Is anyone interested in donating cash for a IOW night sprint car winner. I also had an idea of maybe having a all star show on that night. members here would place a vote on who they would like to see in a feature race. We could race a shootout style race with the top votes starting on the tail. Maybe start 10 cars. Just tossing the idea around and want to get some feedback about how IOW's would like to handle this. Its our (IOW) race night and we (IOW) will make the rules!!
Also what date would work best besides special shows for everyone.
We will not make everyone happy, but my goal is to make the majority happy.
Lets have fun with this and put on a great special race within a race.
We could make this a annual event, called the IOW Indiana All Star Race.
Thanks, Dave Rudisell
Wow Dave. Allow me to dream a bit......Knoxville has its "Masters Classic" where older drivers run modern winged 360's. How about a non-wing 410 version at your speedway. Maybe guys like Tom Bigelow, Bob Kinser, Pancho Carter, let's go nuts, A.J. Foyt, Gary Bettenhausen, Rick Ferkel, Doug Wolfgang, Mario Andretti, Mel Kenyon, Bobby Allen, Lealand McSpadden, give Doty some weeks in the car he ran years ago with the hand controls, then let him cut it loose, Jack Hewitt, maybe Ron Shuman, Shane Carson, Larry Gates, Dean Shirley, Al Thomas, how about Ricky Hood, Bubby Jones (add your favorite retired driver here). Heck, I don't even know if all of these guys are still alive or able, but what a blast it would be to see a race like that. Maybe I'm really getting whacky here, but how about we find twenty guys on this message board with businesses, contacts, or cash to donate $1,000 ea, to generate $20,000. Put $10K on the regular feature (this will bring the cars for the older guys to run), and $10K on the retirees race (50% to driver and 50% to car owner). Crazy huh? You're the promoter Dave. I imagine this would be a lot more work than you might have intended for IOW night, but I've never been to Lawrenceburg, IN. This would get me there.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > IOW Night at The Lawrenceburg Speedway