IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > HBO PPV's Chili Bowl Promotion
12/11/07, 2:06 PM   #11
Re: HBO PPV's Chili Bowl Promotion
Kirk Spridgeon

Onlydirt (and everyone else)-
You need not have HBO to order this. Simply contact your cable company or satellite provider to order the race.

This could be a major deal for midget racing. Please, make sure to support it if you can and encourage those you know to do the same! I don't think 25 bucks is too much to ask, especially since dirt midget racing is never on TV, so order it up and enjoy the show!!

12/11/07, 3:02 PM   #12
staggerman

You would have thought with the tv income they could atleast drop the entry fee but nope $150 pre-entry and $200 late entry times 250 is too hard to resist for the promoter.

12/11/07, 3:18 PM   #13
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Hate to sound realistic but put me in Don's corner on this one, Granted for now it doesn't have the exposure of a *Prelude* or WWE nor will ever but PPV often genrates MILLIONS at any one time almost any one station on cable or satalite has 40.000 viewers. Even ten percent of that 40,000 at 25 bucks thats a lot of jack that ALL GOES TO LANNY and HBO and then the program gets sold to speed who also in turn makes money off of advertising. Yes it's the Lanny who built the place but without the racers and teams that come. THE EVENT Doesn't exist.

Still, I don't consider it a bad thing. It gives exposure and to a sport IN TROUBLE and possible sponsor exposure as well.

Chuck, not totally on Don's side but sees his point, wasn't this televised non PPW just a couple years ago or was that tape delayed? It's like working a job all your life expecting decent raises and never getting one, Even when the EMPLOYER is quite capable of doing so. Don's a subcontractor and if he takes the job or not depends on the conditions and terms it's offered

12/11/07, 3:19 PM   #14
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Spridgeon View Post
Onlydirt (and everyone else)-
You need not have HBO to order this. Simply contact your cable company or satellite provider to order the race.

This could be a major deal for midget racing. Please, make sure to support it if you can and encourage those you know to do the same! I don't think 25 bucks is too much to ask, especially since dirt midget racing is never on TV, so order it up and enjoy the show!!
I believe that if you have cable, you have to have digital cable to be able to purchase this.

12/11/07, 3:23 PM   #15
E.P.

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 17

I cannot believe DonMoore10 has not weighed in on everyones thoughts. It's only a matter of time. :kookoo2:

12/11/07, 3:31 PM   #16
Marty Boyer

If you were able to order the "The Prelude to the Dream" on Pay-per-View you will be able to oder the Chili Bowl. I know I just have regular cable, BUT my cable company offers a special box for digital channels that I have that cost $6.99 a month and I get several extra channels plus several pay-per-view channels. I bought the "Prelude to the Dream" and I would buy the Chili Bowl, If I wasn't already at the event. Who knows if the nasty weather keeps up though I might end up watching it at home.

12/11/07, 3:33 PM   #17
usac14

:redflag: "800 HP midgets"???

Now that's something I want to see...:idea:

12/11/07, 3:44 PM   #18
Dyno Don

I have Comcast in Indy and I checked Monday and found nothing about a PPV for The Chili Bowl.

Is it something that is going to appear later or is Comcast not carrying the race?

12/11/07, 3:49 PM   #19
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Boyer View Post
If you were able to order the "The Prelude to the Dream" on Pay-per-View you will be able to oder the Chili Bowl. I know I just have regular cable, but my cable company offers a special box for digital channels that I have that cost $6.99 a month and I get several extra channels plus several pay-per-view channels. I bought the "Prelude to the Dream" and I would buy the Chili Bowl, If I wasn't already at the event. Who knows if the nasty weather keeps up though I might end up watching it at home.
The link http://www.hbo.com/events/chili/ says "Customers must have digital cable or satellite service to order." I do not have digital - Oh well, that's okay, because Don Moore says it's crap anyway.

12/11/07, 4:04 PM   #20
pgray

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
soooooooo............... How much of this money making deal for the promoters is being returned to the purse?
:thumb:

Seems to me this is all Don Moore has said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
The link http://www.hbo.com/events/chili/ says "Customers must have digital cable or satellite service to order." I do not have digital - Oh well, that's okay, because Don Moore says it's crap anyway.
:kookoo2:

Where did Don Moore say anything about "crap" ?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > HBO PPV's Chili Bowl Promotion