IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Racin' with D.O. tonight USAC SIlver Crown meeting update
12/17/07, 8:58 PM   #11
Re: Racin' with D.O. tonight USAC SIlver Crown meeting update
usac14

I can't help you there, Jim P. couldn't make it either, but was going to try to get in via conferance call. Don't know how that turned out though.

"Where there's a will, there's a way."

My "friend" learned about it at the PRI show and made travel plans after.

12/17/07, 9:05 PM   #12
Iconoclast

Quote:
Originally Posted by usac14 View Post
I can't help you there, Jim P. couldn't make it either, but was going to try to get in via conferance call. Don't know how that turned out though.

"Where there's a will, there's a way."

My "friend" learned about it at the PRI show and made travel plans after.
What time was the meeting? My friend doesn't even know that. How could he call if he didn't have the time of the event, or a conference call dial-in number? He didn't attend the PRI show, so he couldn't learn about it there.

Interestingly, the Membership Renewal forms weren't distributed at the PRI show, but were mailed and signed by none other than Owen Snyder. At least the owners got them. "

Where there's a will there's a way." NOT all owners live in Indiana. Many live more than 5 - 12 hours away, including the owner of which I speak. It would have been impossible for him to find out the time and location of a meeting on Monday morning and get there in time from where he lives.

So what's wrong with mail, e-mail or telephone call in advance? Plus, his "will" has been diminishing with the continuing BS over the last several years. I think he will be another one selling out in favor of a new vacation home on the lake. Why put up with the BS?

If you wonder why there are so many drivers looking for rides, ask the owners why they don't want to be involved anymore. Do they want their axx wiped? No, but they do expect the common courtesy of letting them know when something is being discussed of importance to the "Club" that they pay $500/year for the privilege of being a member (sic).

12/17/07, 9:11 PM   #13
usac14

AGAIN...

I can't help you there!

Call USAC and complain. Take action!

From their website....

USAC National Office

Address:
4910 West 16th Street
Speedway
IN

Telephone: 317-247-5151
Fax: 317-247-0123

12/17/07, 9:31 PM   #14
Iconoclast

Quote:
Originally Posted by usac14 View Post
AGAIN...

I can't help you there!

Call USAC and complain. Take action!

From their website....

USAC National Office

Address:
4910 West 16th Street
Speedway
IN

Telephone: 317-247-5151
Fax: 317-247-0123
He has the phone number to USAC, and USAC has his phone number. The point is that his opinion WAS NOT heard at a meeting which he did not know existed until after the fact.

Back to the original point -- It's the same old USAC BS. They forged ahead with the new style pavement cars without the input of all of the owners, and now they are starting anew again without input from all of the owners. It is a sorry state of affairs for a "Club" to ignore its membership.

12/17/07, 9:57 PM   #15
Mad Max

The meeting was by invite only.

12/17/07, 9:59 PM   #16
Honest-Sam

Sounded like "New Generation" car owners only.

12/17/07, 10:01 PM   #17
Dwight Clock

Not too much info divulged on the show. The new cars are here to stay and the old pavement cars, though not dead, are in limbo. Six dirt shows on the schedule. They weren't named but should be Manzy, Hoosier Hundred, Springfield, Duquoin, Eldora, and ?. On the pavement side Darlington has been announced and I noticed that Iowa Speedway has them on the schedule for August 10. More, I'm sure, to follow.

12/17/07, 10:11 PM   #18
RACEMS41

Meeting was for New Gen car owners although some others attended. My flights were cancelled I attended via conference call. USAC will release details of the meeting.

12/17/07, 10:23 PM   #19
Honest-Sam

Also sounded like the sprint schedule is what it is. Midgets too. I was hoping for a couple more sprint pavement shows. I believe Staab's quote was "...unless Jason can pull a couple of rabbits out of his hat". Oh well. At least we get to run Winchester more than once.

12/17/07, 10:45 PM   #20
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Clock View Post
Not too much info divulged on the show. The new cars are here to stay and the old pavement cars, though not dead, are in limbo. Six dirt shows on the schedule. They weren't named but should be Manzy, Hoosier Hundred, Springfield, Duquoin, Eldora, and ?. On the pavement side Darlington has been announced and I noticed that Iowa Speedway has them on the schedule for August 10. More, I'm sure, to follow.
Limbo means moth balled. Heck save them for a few more years and when the Old timers are run at Springfield before the Tony Bettenhausen 100 then you cna get them out for that one day a year and remember what Silver Crown racing once was.

I am SOOOOO glad the new cars are sticking around. It gives me something to give USAC grief about everytime I am at a USAC race.

Never thought I'd see a day when an openwheel car had fenders on them.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Racin' with D.O. tonight USAC SIlver Crown meeting update