For those of you who knew Jim Imholte and are in the area:

Visitation is from 5:00 to 8:00PM Monday Feb. 11

Nurre Mihovk Rosenacker Funeral Home
10211 Plainfield Rd. Cincinnati. Ohio 45241

for directions to the visitation call or go the the web site:
(513)385-0511
http://www.nmrfh.com

Funeral is at 11:00 am Tuesday Feb. 12
at St Monica St George Church in Clifton (Cincinnati OH)

Buriel will be at St. Joseph's Cemetary following

Obituary will be in Sunday's Cincinnati Enquirer

2/6/08, 9:45 PM   #12
Re: Jim Imholte's Death
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Craig, Are those dates wrong or are the days wrong,
Thanks, Dave

2/6/08, 10:09 PM   #13
Danny Burton

This is a double hit. Imzie was on occasion the first guy I'd see at the 'burg after I walked in. A great guy who let Keith and Tim hang around him. He was fun to talk with, an educator in racing history.

I can't recall Tim's dad when he raced, but feel awful for Tim and his family. Though the passing had been expected, the loss is just as real and painful. Tim is a treasured friend and I hope and pray he can deal with this.

May both of these racers rest in peace and perhaps join the bench racing crowd in a better place.

:checkered:

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

2/6/08, 11:23 PM   #14
ChaplainJackie

The Litchfield family would like to express their deepest sympathy to the Imholte family.Your family will be in our prayers.

"But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings..."

2/6/08, 11:50 PM   #15
mod21cook

Imzie will be deeply missed. I enjoyed hearing the many stories that him and my dad told through out the last few years. If there is anything we can do just pm me and I will pass it on to dad.

Dave Cook

2/7/08, 6:01 AM   #16
cecil98

Sorry! The dates I supplied were incorrect. It "is" this coming Monday and Tuesday but it's Feb 11 and Feb 12 (not 7th and 8th). It has been corrected in the post with that information. Thanks for pointing that out, Dave R!

2/7/08, 6:15 AM   #17
cecil98

Tim (Caldwell), I didn't mean to ignore the passing of your father on this thread. I'm truely sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in our prayers. I look forward to seeing you at the track this season and maybe going on a couple of racing journeys with you and keith! Craig

2/7/08, 5:21 PM   #18
Imzie's Daughter Kim

This is "Imzie's" oldest son, Jim Jr. Thank you Craig Stevens for your kind and heartfelt words. Thanks to everyone for your prayers and support. I never really knew how much of a difference dad made in other peoples lives. I knew that he had friends in the racing world, but now I know that everyone was more than just a friend, but were a family. I think you all saw him more than we did, hehe....
Dad may be gone from here, but he will never be forgotten. Again, Thank You all very much....... Jim Jr.

2/7/08, 9:12 PM   #19
SteveCollopy

Jim will be greatly missed by many. I was really looking forward to seeing him at the Burg this season.
RIP Jim.

2/7/08, 9:42 PM   #20
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

The entire staff of Lawrenceburg Speedway will truely miss Jim Imholte and Tim Caldwell. I myself was not able to get to know these fine gentlemen in my short reign at Lawrenceburg. I do know for fact that many fans, drivers and employees of Lawrenceburg Speedway had the utmost respect for both of these gentlemen. They will both be sadly missed but never forgotten.
God bless, Dave Rudisell

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Jim Imholte's Death