IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smackdown thoughts
8/21/24, 10:46 AM   #11
DirtTrackTherapy16J

I wasn't going to comment, I've actually been staying off of here bc I've been extremely busy lately not only with work but getting ready for Deer Season, getting ready for our annual Fish Fry in September, my kid showing in her last season of 4H at County and State levels, and moving her to Purdue. But here we go.

Ole Smackdown...best 3 day race in the nation. Best weekend of racing in the nation in my opinion. The place where I got to meet AL. The place AL gave me his nickname for me, the Skunk Man lmfao. I hope your watching from above AL and resting with peace now. Tell Don and my Dad I said hello for me if you could and tell him how you call me Skunk Man, he will get a kick out of it!!

So Yeleyfan excellent post. Very well said!! Huge huge thank you from me as well to the O'Connor Family for all the hard work they put into the property all year long to make this the best weekend of racing and best 3 day show in the nation. Living and working nearby I get to see the work they put in when most would assume no work is being done. So again thank you O'Connor Family and your sponsors and partners.

Next, Flagboy I was rolling on the floor with you about the Bacon sweep. Not a snowball's chance in **** that happens. Hope to find you and have a beer with you!!

Next, peak tomato season in Indiana is not August, it's actually the first part of September. My fun job and part time job is working on a farm that raises tomato's for Red Gold, nearly 300 acres of tomato's to be exact. But MCRider you was close on the peakness, about like how Bacon is always close at Kokomo but just can't win there even when he feeds right rears to drivers all night and/or cheats. He still can't win at Kokomo and won't win at Kokomo.

It also puzzles me how many people think Grant is struggling. He's got 6 wins on the season and just come off a complete sweep at Springfield. That's more wins then anyone else in the Sprint Car divison except Seavey who is likely going to break the all time single season win total and who is on his way to his first USAC National Sprint Car Championship. Okay Grant don't have alot of top 5s or top 10s and is all but out of the points championship but does a person realize why? JG is a very very intelligent driver. When he's got his machine maxed out and he's still being passed like he's sitting still, guess what he does, he pulls off and goes to the pits and shuts it down for the night to find the problem before the next race instead of continuing to damage equipment. I wouldn't call that struggling. He would also be coming into Smackdown as the latest Sprint Car winner if it wouldnt have been for the Bloomington rainout. He's just not having the best year of his career that's all.

Nodramazone I'm not sure if you picked up on me and my racing groups phrase or you and your racing group already had thought of it as well. But glad to see your an ABB kind of person. Anyone But Bacon.

In my opinion your winners will be in no order or how many times they win, but JG, Cummins, Seavey. The 2 Xfactors will be KT in the always fast 3R and i wouldn't count out the 12 of the Madman Robert Ballou!! As long as all 3 nights are ABB nights, I'll be a happy camper!! Safe travels to all and I hope some of you I get to meet!!
Last edited by DirtTrackTherapy16J; 8/21/24 at 10:48 AM.

8/21/24, 12:18 PM   #12
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 25

Thursday: Swanson in the 47
Friday: Danner
Saturday: Cummins flag to flag!

4 members like this post: DirtTrackTherapy16J, dirtybob29, flagboy55, tirespinner
8/21/24, 12:23 PM   #13
Re: Smackdown thoughts
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Well even my buddy Mr Funk can’t argue with Yeleyfan76 on that. If the forecast holds true we’re in for an outstanding event. Not only that, many world problems will be solved over some pre-race beers. I’ll tell you what, I’m picking myself up off the floor after I heard Chuck is going with a Bacon brooming. But seriously, I’m going to go out on a limb and take JG to win the big dough on Saturday. Preliminaries to Cummins and KTJ. And I agree with 76, anyone in attendance is an automatic winner! 🏁🏁
BLT Time?

2 members like this post: flagboy55, tirespinner
8/21/24, 7:07 PM   #14
Moreland76

Has anyone heard of any other driver changes other than Swanson?

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
8/23/24, 10:20 AM   #15
flagboy55

Well one night down and no complaints. Just fun. JG looked mighty stout. Bring on night 2

8/23/24, 10:46 AM   #16
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Yessssssssir Flagboy JG was on it and is on it!! Talked to him and had a beer with him for a lil while over at karaoke at the Turn 4 Bar.

He's feeling good, got his mojo back, car is running really well. I think he should have gotten an award for "Big ***** Of The Night" with that move he made in the Heat Race.

I would expect more of last night to continue tonight. JG is rollin right now!! Felt bad for Kyle, hope he has a better night tonight, same for KT.

Definitely alot of fun yesterday and last night. Good drinks, good eats, good music, and it was an ABB type of night. Need some more of that tonight!! Will be a blast after the race with The Flying Toasters, always a great show at the track on Friday night!!

3 members like this post: flagboy55, LUCKYONE, tirespinner
8/23/24, 10:51 AM   #17
Blacki-Suede

Any thoughts on Moles’ problem on the opening lap of the feature ? Both torsion bars were sticking out of the torsion tubes. My thoughts are they changed bars and someone forgot to tighten the torsion arms or stops, or both.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
8/23/24, 11:11 AM   #18
nodramazone20

Night 1 in the books. I was concerned with 50 cars the evening could have been a long one, however, basically a 4 Hour program from start to finish is pretty efficient. Lets hope the rest of the weekend is more of the same.

4 members like this post: DirtTrackTherapy16J, flagboy55, LUCKYONE, tirespinner
8/23/24, 11:16 AM   #19
erich45

One close-up showed a torsion arm broken off at the spline.

8/23/24, 1:03 PM   #20
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Track was definitely juiced up last night. Plenty of moisture. It was a challenge in the heat races to get those transfer spots. 🏁

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Smackdown thoughts