IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Battle of the TQs: Indiana Dirt Sat. Sept. 27 Greensburg
9/27/08, 12:07 PM   #11
Re: Battle of the TQs: Indiana Dirt Sat. Sept. 27 Greensburg
5JMOFFATTFAN!

tqs are neat to watch at greensburg but going to vernon to watch the sprint cars. let me know when greensburg gets some bank on it and the got some racing there. never went to a ics race there no way they can go to wide comfortably there.

9/27/08, 12:53 PM   #12
bigmojo5

I don't think a sponsorship from a tourism group outside of its county sounds that odd. How many people in Henry County really think about taking the short drive to Greensburg, Millhousen or the other Decatur County communities?

Good luck to both groups this weekend. I hope each has great car counts, fantastic races and many happy fans at the end of the evening.

Jim Morrison

9/27/08, 12:59 PM   #13
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

I am on my way to Greensburg, Should be a great night of racing for the TQ's
See ya there, Dave

9/27/08, 1:04 PM   #14
bigmojo5

Dave,
I expect a full report. Watch for mine from Fremont tonight and Winchester tomorrow.
Jim

9/27/08, 8:41 PM   #15
bgbrd

Collin Ambrose wins. Jason Willis 2nd.

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by bgbrd; 9/28/08 at 9:10 AM. Reason: TYPO

9/27/08, 11:44 PM   #16
hoosierhillbilly

There were 17 cars tonight with 14 starting the feature. THey ran six heats and the feature. The first 3 split the field by qualifying times. The first heat were the slow guys, the second were the middle qualifiers and the last were the fast cars. They had 3 more heats with a normal distribution of cars.

Now some observations. I think they should have altered the heats slightly. THey should have run the normal heats first and then run a second set based on the results of the first heats. The second set of heats should have set the lineup for the feature. This might have made the double heats mean something. THey also ran ten lap heats. I really have never been a ten lap heat fan. The heats should have been 8, but that is my opinion.

All in all, I enjoyed the show and made it back to Columbus, O by 11:15 after busting out of G-Burg at 8:30.

9/28/08, 8:53 AM   #17
STPHusband

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierhillbilly View Post
There were 17 cars tonight with 14 starting the feature. THey ran six heats and the feature. The first 3 split the field by qualifying times. The first heat were the slow guys, the second were the middle qualifiers and the last were the fast cars. They had 3 more heats with a normal distribution of cars.

Now some observations. I think they should have altered the heats slightly. THey should have run the normal heats first and then run a second set based on the results of the first heats. The second set of heats should have set the lineup for the feature. This might have made the double heats mean something. THey also ran ten lap heats. I really have never been a ten lap heat fan. The heats should have been 8, but that is my opinion.

All in all, I enjoyed the show and made it back to Columbus, O by 11:15 after busting out of G-Burg at 8:30.

hoosierhillbilly....first thanks for coming Jennifer and myself had a great time. We were trying to do a few different things to make it an exciting evening. We will evaluate things for our next race. 17 cars for our first race, put together in 3 weeks. We would call a sucess. The Greensburg track was the fastest I have ever seen. (Thanks Josh and Brett) Top Qualifier at 16.665.

To everone who came and everyone who raced, a many THANK!!!
If we dont do again this season, we will see you next year with a full schedule.
With 17 cars as our starting core, we will build from there!!

Thanks again for everyone who helped to make our race a great success.

Mark F Frechette
President
Midwest TQ Racing League

9/28/08, 11:03 AM   #18
STP

Race Count Last Year: 1

Results are up on the website. Thanks again to everyone for supporting us! I got to meet a lot of IOW members last night. Lots of cool people. I can't wait until the next race.

9/28/08, 7:02 PM   #19
TqMidget41&84

I would agree Mark, it was a good night of fun racing. Thanks goes out to you and Jennifer for organizing a flawless race.
Posted via Mobile Device

9/28/08, 7:44 PM   #20
mopar97

Good night of racing. Track was in good shape. Good number of cars and alot of talent! Congrats to Collin Ambrose on his win all the way from KY! Glad to see him make the long drive to come race. He was very fast and drove a great race. Willis pulled up beside him but Ambrose was able to hang on to the lead. Martz gave it all he had in the other Ambrose car driving hard and was good to see him back in a TQ and also picking up the trophy dash win. I think it's safe to say Speidel is back to his old on the gas driving style after his sprintcar injuries. Mann also looked strong the first half of the feature and looked like a strong contender. Was good to see Nichols there and back in a TQ. Was a good feature with alot of good racing and a great battle up front between Ambrose and Jason Willis. Ran each other clean and showed alot of respect. Willis looked like he had something for Ambrose but fell just short. Keep it up and this league will continue to grow. The fans liked the interviews.
Last edited by mopar97; 9/28/08 at 7:46 PM. Reason: tried also posting on the other thread before realizing it is closed

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Battle of the TQs: Indiana Dirt Sat. Sept. 27 Greensburg