IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kevin Miller USAC Article
7/21/24, 6:33 PM   #11
Blacki-Suede

Miller’s salary of the “ non profit” USAC is nearly $300,000.

3 members like this post: bighd0522, kinser, Russ
7/21/24, 6:36 PM   #12
Blacki-Suede

https://projects.propublica.org/nonp...ions/350970338

1 member likes this post: kinser
7/21/24, 7:52 PM   #13
Re: Kevin Miller USAC Article
yeleyfan76

At least when it’s run into the ground Miller put out the money for a new office area/party venue to have the final swan song.

2 members like this post: Hubie48, kinser
7/21/24, 8:14 PM   #14
DJlives

The new office has tenants that pay rent and a space that can be rented. It was a very good idea that worked. USAC only occupies a portion of the building.

2 members like this post: interpreter66, Sandy Lowe
7/21/24, 9:25 PM   #15
kinser

I just read that article and he is full of it. We were racing at Anderson and Owen Snyder brought him over and introduced him to us. He had all kinds of wild ideas about what he was going to do. He said he was going to have the purses up and we would be racing for almost double what we were racing for at the time. Guess what it never happened. He also said part of the reason that he got hired was because he had connections and he was bringing tv coverage back to all the USAC classes. That never happened either until FLO picked them up. The first time I ever met him I thought he was sketchy and I still think the same thing. He makes almost a half million dollars a year, why does the leader of a non profit organization need to make that much ???? My opinion is that a lot of that salary would be better spent on raising the purse.

7/21/24, 9:38 PM   #16
kinser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacki-Suede View Post
You can go back to 2007 on there, you know the year he saved USAC. His story doesn’t add up when you look at that tax return on there.

7/21/24, 10:06 PM   #17
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinser View Post
I just read that article and he is full of it. We were racing at Anderson and Owen Snyder brought him over and introduced him to us. He had all kinds of wild ideas about what he was going to do. He said he was going to have the purses up and we would be racing for almost double what we were racing for at the time. Guess what it never happened. He also said part of the reason that he got hired was because he had connections and he was bringing tv coverage back to all the USAC classes. That never happened either until FLO picked them up. The first time I ever met him I thought he was sketchy and I still think the same thing. He makes almost a half million dollars a year, why does the leader of a non profit organization need to make that much ???? My opinion is that a lot of that salary would be better spent on raising the purse.
Thank you for updating the article with real facts. My first interaction with him gave me a used car salesman feeling. Based on what is written and your remarks I feel like I was correct.

1 member likes this post: Hubie48
7/21/24, 10:10 PM   #18
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJlives View Post
The new office has tenants that pay rent and a space that can be rented. It was a very good idea that worked. USAC only occupies a portion of the building.
Then there is constant cash flow that they never had and the purses should go up. Guess what? That’s not not happening.

7/22/24, 10:59 AM   #19
deadhorse30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacki-Suede View Post
Miller’s salary of the “ non profit” USAC is nearly $300,000.
All non-profit means is that their revenue covers their costs. The business is not run to make money, just cover costs. Peoples salaries are considered operating costs and have zero effect on being a non-profit. There are people pulling million dollar salaries working for non-profit business'.

3 members like this post: flagboy55, oldfan49, RichH
7/22/24, 11:37 AM   #20
DJlives

For example the CEO of IU Health to give one example

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kevin Miller USAC Article