IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Help for an Indy 500 rookie
5/18/11, 5:41 PM   #11
Re: Help for an Indy 500 rookie
Crankin

Parking... May I suggest:
http://www.shoestringracing.com/shoestring1_002.htm

5/18/11, 6:21 PM   #12
Re: Don't miss carb day
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
Are watch it on TV and after go to a real race at a local dirt track Haubstadt and Kokomo are both raceing that Sunday night and bet you can say the drivers names there
A real race, are you insinuating the Indy 500 is not a "real race"? Get a grip.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

1 member likes this post: wright59
5/18/11, 6:47 PM   #13
Re: Don't miss carb day
jim goerge

John Sorry but I have to stand by my statement. There will be real racing to the dirt tracks

5/18/11, 8:20 PM   #14
ISF

Yep, and every one of those guys driving in the "real races" on those dirt tracks would give just about anything to be in one of those 33 cars that will run in the "not so real" race on Memorial Day.

1 member likes this post: racefan20
5/19/11, 3:23 PM   #15
SprintManDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
Any last minute advice for an Indy 500 rookie? I have my tickets for Sunday. What should I do for parking? What does everyone think about Carb Day, Is it worth going? How about the parade?

I am already planning on going to the three USAC shows the days before the race. Any thing else that I should plan on doing? I heard that some of the race shops in the area will have open houses. Is there a schedule for that.

Thanks
Jon
If you are up and about early on Saturday the 28th,The National Association of Racing Fan Clubs is having their annual Convention Breakfast at 8:00 A.M. at the Clarion Waterfront Plaza Hotel just west of 465 and Crawfordsville road,with Drivers and race VIP's on hand.

5/20/11, 7:53 AM   #16
Jonr

Thanks for the help.

What does everyone do for hearing protection? Even at my local tracks, I wear earplugs. I was thinking about listening to the race through my ipod and having a set of ear muffs on top of that. I am assuming that I can get a local radio station at the track, but do they broadcast the PA over the radio?

Thanks
Jon

5/20/11, 10:01 AM   #17
ISF

The race broadcast will be on a local Indy radio station for sure. Some of the PA announcements will be part of that radio broadcast but not all of it. It's good to listen to the radio broadcast since sometimes something happens on a section of the track that's impossible for you to see from where you're sitting and the broadcast will cover that along with keeping you informed if someone has mechanical trouble or stalls in the pits, etc. The Jumbotron's around the track are good for replays or passes for the lead, etc.

We listen to the teams on our scanner and the radio broadcast can be listened to on the scanner as well.

5/20/11, 10:45 AM   #18
jpa317

I want to get to the hall of fame/museum while they have their big display of winning cars. Is it crazy crowded in the museum on bump day and carb day?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Help for an Indy 500 rookie