IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Fun with the Wangers?
2/6/08, 10:18 PM   #11
Re: Fun with the Wangers?
smbpreformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill W View Post
I am also curious as to which "one"? Was it Jac Haudenschild at the Million or one of his other wins sans wing, Steve Kinser at the 4 Crown, Travis Rilat at the UC, Jesse Hockett x2 at Lakeside or one of Frankie Kerr's many beatdowns? Much respect, but I could go on...

Please see line in post

"Most of the big time wingers now will not take the tops off unless they raced non-wing when comming up the ranks or are looking to advance their carrer"

Kinser, Jac, Hewitt ect ect ect.........Are not wing guys or non-wing guys they are simply sprint car drivers from a time when you were forced to run them both and for one reason or another they decised on a winged carrer or a non-wing carrer

Everyone forgets that Rilat tried to run non-winged for a while after the UC and struggled with finished and finding rides and decided on the wing deal after he found a ride and a carrer there

Hockett has moved to non-winged to advance his carrer

Huntly only runs non-wing at Eldora and is one of the guys with tons of laps around that place

Everyone makes a huge deal when a winger takes the lid off but when Mat Neely, Levi Jones, Brady Short, Kevin Brisco ect ect ect put on a lid no-one talks about it.

Just because you are a succesful winger does not mean you will be a succesful non-winger like many people want to belive and the reverse is also true

There are rare guys that can be succesful time after time in both and those are the greats of the sport

2/6/08, 10:31 PM   #12
petey

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbpreformance View Post
Hockett has moved to non-winged to advance his carrer
Bud Kaeding, Damion Gardner and Daron Clayton did the same and found success.

2/6/08, 10:34 PM   #13
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead748 View Post
Yes it would be funny, Kinda like the wangers winning a lot of the big money non-wang shows.
Why is it non-wangers dislike wangs, but the wangers will go to non-wang show and have a good time. Me I like them all, heck I`d go watch marbles run down hill if thats all there was.
You're mixing apples and oranges. The poll is about entertainment. You're talking about drivers running in different classes. I see many more winged shows than traditional shows, because PA is closer to MA than is IN, but the traditional shows are much more entertaining.

2/7/08, 10:50 AM   #14
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Monahan View Post
You're mixing apples and oranges. The poll is about entertainment. You're talking about drivers running in different classes. I see many more winged shows than traditional shows, because PA is closer to MA than is IN, but the traditional shows are much more entertaining.
I wasn`t stirring the fruit basket, look at the title of the original past.
Mike

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Fun with the Wangers?