IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Focus car counts should be better since major rule changes
5/27/10, 11:48 AM   #11
Re: Focus car counts should be better since major rule changes
Revolution Racing

'Edge, coming from you I will take that as a compliment, and I appreciate it. I will admit they have a different sound - twin cams with 50 degrees each of variable cam timing will do that. I agree that what you hear off of the camcorder is not great but after all its a camcorder. One statement that you made was just incorrect - these cars possess a respectable torqe curve (variable cam timing). This is what allows those guys to run the top, and when they get a bite its what affords them the blue sky view out the cockpit.

You are correct in stating that our specific goal was not to create a Midget killer. These days, that title seems to only serve to ratchet up the engine war another notch, and anyway, it only seems to last about five minutes until the NEXT "Midget Killer" comes on line.

We are happy with where we are on the ASCS Midget. If you look at the photos you will see several examples of the cars able to hoist the front wheels off the corner, and we have already recorded several top ten and a few top five finishes among Midget groups that must be regarded as a clear step above "sportsman" such as BCRA and USAC/SMRS. This weekend we will have Richard Kriesel entering his ECOtec in what I would consider to be a true "sportsman" event with the OMMS. Richard ran middle-of-the-pack at the all ECOtec ASCS event at Creek County last Friday. Lets just see how he does with this sportsman group...

I hope I can get one out your way at some point this season so you can see it go in person. Take care.

5/28/10, 4:24 PM   #12
Race Poor

Did I miss the rule, or something?

5/30/10, 5:22 PM   #13
Revolution Racing

UPDATE: For Mr 'Edge and ayone else interested in the RRE Chevy ECOtec program. Last night Richard Kriesel took his ASCS legal RRE ECOtec to the OMMS Sportsman Midget race and ran SECOND with it.

In addition, out on the west coast Dillon Silverman piloted his ASCS Legal RRE ECOtec to a 4th place finish in BCRA Midget Action. Finally, last week young rookie Cory Mallo brought his ASCS legal ECOtec Midget home 5th in RMMRA competition. Again - we never meant for this product to run head to head with Midgets featuring almost 40 more cubic inches (and another twenty grand or more) under the hood, but its pretty darn cool to see that they can dance with the big girls.

Congratulations to all - more details to follow.

Keith Iaia
RRE
805-467-3424
http://www.revolutionracingengines.com

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Focus car counts should be better since major rule changes