IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: Should LPS get a sprint week race in 2011?
Yes 81 81.82%
No 18 18.18%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Putnamville not in 2011 Indiana Sprint week
11/13/10, 12:25 PM   #11
Re: Putnamville not in 2011 Indiana Sprint we
Racer12

Maybe USAC should build a window in their stomach. Cause their head is so far up their a$$ they can't see where they are going!

Bob

6 members like this post: bighd0522, dirtball, Hubie, Ken Bonnema, nathans1012, SHORTBUS
11/13/10, 12:47 PM   #12
Kirk Spridgeon

Really intelligent stuff here so far. Anybody wanna know any real details about it, or is mindlessly talking **** more fun? What in the world happened to this place?
Posted via Mobile Device

11/13/10, 3:37 PM   #13
treecitytornado

I do like racing there when there is moisture and a heavy cush. I was pretty sure Paragon was going to get a date from what I heard but if Lincoln Park didn't in favor of going back to Brownstown, NOW THAT WOULD NOT BE RIGHT!

11/13/10, 4:29 PM   #14
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Sorry Mr Stapp, but the past two times we have held USAC events, people have left Brownstown wanting to come back for more. I think we deserve a shot to make it three for three. Paragon out, LPS in in my opinion.

11/13/10, 4:38 PM   #15
speidel21

brownstown had 3 wide racing the entire time, that should be one of the first tracks they schedule

11/13/10, 4:58 PM   #16
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
I hear that Paragon got that night!
Where would Paragon even park just the motor homes that follow sprint week much less everyone elses cars?

1 member likes this post: dusty tracks
11/13/10, 7:12 PM   #17
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Sad to say two of the best USAC races I seen all year were on the slickest slowest tracks there were. Brownstown and LPS.

Although I'll take this as a lobby for a sprintweek date. I couldn't agree more.

11/13/10, 9:30 PM   #18
Kirk Spridgeon

I'll keep this simple and void of my opinions so as not to say anything that will start a riot.
The same 7 tracks as last year will make up Indiana Sprintweek. Differences between Joe Spiker/Lincoln Park Speedway and other promoters of Indiana Sprintweek races led to him not being a part of the week for 2011. He will still have USAC races, and there is nothing but mutual respect between USAC and Joe. Just have to iron some things out to get things in line for his involvement in ISW for 2012.

There is one minor change to the week's schedule, but it looks like it will run from July 8-16.

11/14/10, 4:17 AM   #19
rachasin

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 42

Can anyone tell us what the Sprint Week dates and tracks are? want to gets some plane tickets bought.
Also the midget week dates too Please
Thanks Bob

11/14/10, 8:23 AM   #20
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Thanks Spridge! Nothing really matters to me any more..... they can do what they want... I'm injecting my own opinion on this one... Despite what others on here might believe, my name is meaningless to the sport.

My problem here is not with USAC! plain and simple. It is with those promoters that are holding that vote. They are using that vote to hold a race track/promoter hostage. What is stupid about the whole thing is that there is a large enough mileage span between the all the tracks that car count isn't a problem... Fans aren't stupid.... They know where the big races are and they will be going to them. Drivers aren't stupid... they're going where the money is...

Joe Spiker has a job to do... that job requires him to promote Lincoln Park Speedway and create a successful racing program at Putnamville.

In my opinion... this decision by the current sprint car promoters did nothing to help the sport! Of course, I seriously doubt their interested in doing "good" for the sport... all they want is their "BIG PAY DAY". LPS is becoming a thriving race track again.... that is good for the sport.

If you build it the right way.... our sport will benefit and so will everyone else involved in it.

Thanks to Joe Spiker, LPS will be a thriving race track for many years to come.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Putnamville not in 2011 Indiana Sprint week