IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute Action Track Sunday 9/15 Maverick & Modifieds
9/17/24, 7:48 PM   #11
flagboy55

B99, you hit on a couple things that are true. One thing that I’m not willing to give up on yet is the promoter. I think the track has been good, and he pulled off a miracle Sprint Week and the track was as good as I’ve seen it in a very long time. For that feat alone he deserves more time and it’s been a very small sample size so far. Now 20 bucks for a grandstand ticket and 10 bucks for infield is outstanding. It’s still on Sunday night which counts me out, but I hope that fills the place up. Whoever made that call should take a bow

2 members like this post: bighd0522
9/17/24, 8:24 PM   #12
Re: Terre Haute Action Track Sunday 9/15 Maverick & Modified
brown11b

Quote:
Originally Posted by B99 View Post
Terre Haute had a good promoter and the fair board kicked him out. How's that worked out since?

If it isn't the fair board alone that will destroy the Action Track, racers will drive in the final nail. Sprint cars were born, bred and built to be raced on half miles, not micro sprint tracks.
Ah yes, it is the team owners and the drivers at fault for the end of racing - even though a majority are doing it as a money loss.

1 member likes this post: TQ97
9/17/24, 9:47 PM   #13
B99

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown11b View Post
Ah yes, it is the team owners and the drivers at fault for the end of racing - even though a majority are doing it as a money loss.
Running a race team has for most, never been a profit making proposition. If you don't know that going in, you are living on Fantasy Island.

So genius, explain why the bigger money shows tend to draw less cars, and why some teams will stay home for 1400 to win when another track in the state is paying 20K to win?

1 member likes this post: dkdorkboy
9/18/24, 7:51 AM   #14
brown11b

Quote:
Originally Posted by B99 View Post
Running a race team has for most, never been a profit making proposition. If you don't know that going in, you are living on Fantasy Island.

So genius, explain why the bigger money shows tend to draw less cars, and why some teams will stay home for 1400 to win when another track in the state is paying 20K to win?
Own 2 cars. Knew going in that I was never going to make money, but we still show up to race when we can. Have been to Lincoln Park, Bloomington, Circle City, and Terre Haute already this year. Still have Haubstadt, Red Hill, Lincoln Park, and Kokomo on our schedule.

Again, I would like to understand why the owners and racers are the ones to blame.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute Action Track Sunday 9/15 Maverick & Modifieds