IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Best race of the year.
7/15/10, 11:24 PM   #11
Re: Best race of the year.
RGraves

Race was good for what it was, I enjoyed it. I was really pulling for 100%, he drove a great race and deserves to get back in the circle. Appeared to have went to soft on tires.

Definately not my favorite track but will definately go back. I had been there one time many years ago for a Jackson 100. I would think it would be hard to keep moisture in a track when it is this hot and humid out. I appreciate a track that will do whatever it takes to make it a good race and they had full intentions of reworking it.

Congrats to Brady and looking forward to the rest of the week

7/16/10, 12:10 AM   #12
BigD

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 39

Feature was ok, what gets me is Chris Nunn Bragged this track up for some time now this is not a Sprint Car Track and Never will be.

7/16/10, 12:19 AM   #13
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Its not a sprint car track, but when the sprints are there, we put on a hell of a show. Ill brag us up a lot if we put on great shows like the one tonight. The crew put a lot of hard hours in this week trying to get things ready.

7/16/10, 12:25 AM   #14
RGardner

Best race I have seen all year and I watched it online! If you didn't like that race your not a sprintcar fan bottomline!
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: awnunn
7/16/10, 12:28 AM   #15
KKinser99

your right chris, great track for sprints. Need some more shows scheduled there.

7/16/10, 12:36 AM   #16
BuckeyeBullet

Very good feature...at 3 points during the A I thought I knew who was going to pull away: Hunter, then Windom, then Stanbrough, and out of left field, riding the rim, slinging it over the edge down the back chute comes Brady Short...

The heats were all good...not great.

The semi was okay.

The feature was sick, no way around that. They were running high, low, and mid! If you can't handle the dust then stay home....that show was awesome.

Also, it was very nice meeting Charles Nungester.

I look forward to heading back to Brownstown next year!!!
Last edited by BuckeyeBullet; 7/16/10 at 12:37 AM.

7/16/10, 12:47 AM   #17
Jerry Shaw

Well, race fans, IMO, from beginning to end, this was the best night of racing in 2010 Indiana Sprint Week, so far. The last three heats were killer. The B Main had a lot of action, featuring Ballou coming from deep in the field to second place, only to be denied by Andrew Elson for the top spot. And the battle for the final transfer spots was intense. And the feature was so full of twists and turns, that every time you though you had it figured out, someone else would step up and prove you wrong. The first major battle was between Levi Jones and Hunter Scheurenberg. The champ went to the front, which usually means clear sailing for him, but the challenger just would not go away. Then just past the halfway point Chris Windom seized control. At that point though, another subplot was developing. Even though he may have qualified bad and started deep in the field, the biggest fish in this state's pond was working his way steadily through the field and would eventually be looming over the leader. This almost always means certain doom for whoever stands between him and another win. And then on the final restart, when you knew for certain that it would come down to a battle between Windom and Stanbrough, from out of nowhere, like a shot in the dark, Brady Short went to the top of the track and just went for it, snatching victory from the jaws of defeat!! And for those of you that don't get to see Brady a lot, you got to find out what those of us that frequent Southern Indiana tracks have known for a while. This is a race car driver who just never gives up. He never settles into his place in line to accept what seems to be inevitable. At the end of a race he's always going to take his shot and tonight that shot paid off. For Brady and for all of those in attendance.

This was one of the best races I've seen this year. It ranks up there with two fantastic Stanbrough wins @ Bloomington, the Hut Hundred and the USAC Midget Instant Classic @ Granite City. That's pretty good company. Bloomington and Haubstadt still have the chance to top this for best race of ISW, but it isn't going to be easy, because Brownstown Speedway set the bar pretty high, tonight!!

Jerry

Winston Churchill

3 members like this post: Danny Burton, Eatin Dirt
7/16/10, 1:00 AM   #18
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
Feature was allright but the B and Heats were horrible hope USAC Dont Ever go back, all the talk about a good track. Track went dry slick after the 1st hotlap session. I will never go back.

Good, Not trying to be be mean but I seen great four wide racing that went on. You never could tell who was going to be in the lead from lap to lap.

AWESOME!
The crowd was good, I wouldn't say SRO, you could find a seat at race time. i would say pretty damn full though and the track handled the crowd well. Only problem was getting out of the place and really, who cares

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBullet View Post
Very good feature...at 3 points during the A I thought I knew who was going to pull away: Hunter, then Windom, then Stanbrough, and out of left field, riding the rim, slinging it over the edge down the back chute comes Brady Short...

The heats were all good...not great.

The semi was okay.

The feature was sick, no way around that. They were running high, low, and mid! If you can't handle the dust then stay home....that show was awesome.

Also, it was very nice meeting Charles Nungester.

I look forward to heading back to Brownstown next year!!!

Was great meeting you and chatting it up a bit. I also met jerseysprintnut and several other long time IOW lurkers and posters.

I got there at 230 found a entry ground level seat three rows from top, matter of fact there was great seats still available at race time. Got a little dusty but not to the point of loosing sight of the action, The feature surprisingly was very visible.

I just gotta say I appreciate everyone involved hard work and hustle to get the show in, Rain fell about ten minutes after they cleared the victory celebration and there was THUNDER AND LIGHTNING BOTH ON AND OFF THE TRACK. Yeah, JS and Windom probably were doing 35 in the turns then brady had to be doing 70 OUTSIDE THE TRACK to win in the Kinser Move I've mentioned many times from the first race i ever seen there.

Lot better than I expected. Shaded ole grandstand and good people. the racing was SICK!
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/16/10 at 1:25 AM.

1 member likes this post:
7/16/10, 1:33 AM   #19
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

Funny how only 1 person is complaining...I thought it was a great race for it being a late model track and the track being in the condition it was in...Hell you could have put a blanket on the top 6-7 cars in the feature for the fisrt half of it...Thanks to Brownstown and all the drivers for a great show...And how bout them speeding the show along so they could get it in, thanks a miilion for that..and if you have another sprint race there I will come... See ya at Bloomington

2 members like this post: Danny Burton
7/16/10, 1:43 AM   #20
stanbrough4presidentgo53

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
Feature was ok, what gets me is Chris Nunn Bragged this track up for some time now this is not a Sprint Car Track and Never will be.
What gets me is that you have no idea what your talking about.. dude its summer and hasnt rained in a month of course its gonna slick up some... Thanks for the track crew and everyone that put on a awesome race so i could pay 20 bucks to watch an awesome race.. i would spend 100 bucks every weekend to watch that!! wow for my first time at brownstown!!!!!!

2 members like this post: coachmeece
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Best race of the year.