IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Robert Ballou's Comments after Macon
6/30/24, 12:27 PM   #11
Rpracing1

Would the “Race Director “ be the guy that would overturn this rule infraction? Asking for a friend. 😉

6/30/24, 12:49 PM   #12
flagboy55

If everything I read here is true, then I call on my beloved USAC to make it right tomorrow morning. Everyone knows I’m the biggest apologist for USAC there is. But sometimes you have to make the tough call. It’s not easy to do but necessary to preserve integrity. This is coming from a guy who actually black flagged his best friend in the world. The high road is a lot of times a bumpy ride. So in my typical apologist nature, I’ll remind everyone that this is not the only series in the world that has had controversy. Hell I remember not that long ago a big name hit the restart cone at the biggest Sprint Car race in the world and no penalty was accessed. Some even blamed the cone! Coyote, cue Orwell again

4 members like this post: nodramazone20, spicoli, The Old Coyote, WinglessLovers
6/30/24, 1:57 PM   #13
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 10
Race Count Last Year: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Where was the IRON MAN?
He appears to be a Wanger now based on last weeks activity.

1 member likes this post: flyer
6/30/24, 2:51 PM   #14
Re: Robert Ballou's Comments after Macon
BrentTFunk

I am amazed after Robert's great run in a really good feature that this is what people are talking about. What about that race? As good as I have seen all year. Bacon and Ballou had an intense battle. They always seem to find each other during an intense race. Ballou did a slick old school move, that no one has mentioned. Bacon was getting good runs at him down low off of 2. On the caution, Ballou went low under caution drove through a puddle on the inside and gassed sending water onto that low groove. That took away Bacon's sweet spot.
People seemed to like drama more than racing. What a race. Great job by everyone involved at getting the show in.

4 members like this post: Dirtfan, Ilovedirttrackracing, oppweld, racenut69
6/30/24, 4:14 PM   #15
Hubie48

Hold on a second. I asked a question with this thread as I didn't know what in the world Ballou was talking about.

and everyone who knew something and posted, thanks.

Now Brent, I don't care how good the racing was. USAC has a rule book that everyone is to follow. They can not allow some to not follow the rules and other must... That spoils the very essence of competition.

As far as throwing water onto the groove or whatever, is there a rule against that? Is Bacon allowed to nerf if he feels he was "done wrong?" I have no idea as the stellar camera work provided by Flo and the hour of the day... thank God Flo provides a replay at 2am in the morning as I was fast asleep during the feature.

I will never be fed a sheet sandwich and made to tell someone it tasted great. NEVER. If someone broke rules then someone should be disqualified, penalized, something as a deterrent. Unless USAC is going the way of Marion County Judges where bad guys are on the street in 48 hours.

6/30/24, 4:15 PM   #16
Vookie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwRm5XKWvUY

6/30/24, 4:16 PM   #17
RMR3

The primary purpose of any sanctioning body is to administer races and enforce rules. Something like weight in an illegal location is easily rectified. As an organization, as soon as something is pointed out like this you should approach the teams and require them to fix it or they can load up and go home.

I don't know if weight in an illegal location is as egregious an infraction as illegal fuel, engine, tires or even total weight. However, this certainly needs to be addressed.

One thing I do get tired of is seeing organizations turn their heads when one of the "big teams" purposely breaks a rule but the minute one of the "small teams" does it and the big team points it out its taken serious. Or someone is allowed to be illegal until they run up front.

One example of them throwing the rule book the side has been when they allow illegal midget engines to race just because they know they're not fast enough to win. However, the minute one wins everyone would be up in arms. So why not just write them into the rule book?
Last edited by RMR3; 6/30/24 at 4:21 PM.

3 members like this post: flagboy55, Hubie48, Hustlin-Hoosier
6/30/24, 4:36 PM   #18
The Old Coyote

I love the sceen-shot in the pod cast showing the USAC Official shining a flash light on the left front torsion bar

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
6/30/24, 4:43 PM   #19
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Coyote View Post
I love the sceen-shot in the pod cast showing the USAC Official shining a flash light on the left front torsion bar

Good thing there's no screenshot or video evidence of Bacon's because he wouldn't cheat

6/30/24, 5:37 PM   #20
Jonr

Serious question. I thought that putting weight on in front of the axle was actually bad for the set up. I thought that this was where certain series put weight on the car when they were trying to balance engine sizes? Do I have my locations off or is it that Macon was such a different type of track that it took a very different type set up.
Last edited by Jonr; 6/30/24 at 5:37 PM. Reason: grammar

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Robert Ballou's Comments after Macon