IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Micro Question?
6/11/14, 8:14 AM   #11
Re: Micro Question?
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut69 View Post
Another ??..Why do the Micros run the Castor oil and Midgets don't?..Alcohol is all the same,correct?
Racin

Probably "Blendzall" a top end lube to lube injectors and valve guides. Smell great (Old School). I think it should be a requirement for everybody, it would sure add to the atmosphere at the race track.

It's kinda of like perfume "a little dab will do you" about one cap per gallon of fuel.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 6/11/14 at 1:31 PM.

1 member likes this post: racenut69
6/11/14, 9:09 AM   #12
Leohr46

Back when I started. There were 125cc and 250cc micro. And yes we had to use 2 stroke lube (miss the smell). There were also 600 modified midgets(sidewinders). 600 and 1000cc Mini-sprints(uprights). Like Dad said. That smell should be mandatory at ever mini-sprint race.

1 member likes this post: DAD
6/11/14, 12:42 PM   #13
Re: Micro Question?
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernart3 View Post
No micros aren't 2 strokes. What is castor oil
ernart

Don't they still race a 270cc 2 stroke micro class?

I'm old enough to remember my mother giving me big spoon fulls of that stuff and believe me you don't want nothing to do with it medicinally.

I also remember racing 1/4 midgets before the days of synthetic oils and additives. Since methanol would mix with castor it was the lubricant of choice for the"Double A" racers back in the day. I can still remember my Dad raising hell about spending $25.00 for a case of Steen's C castor oil. http://www.steenstacominibikes.com/STEENS_History.html

The neat thing about castor oil is the smell that it puts into the air around the race track (sorry EPA). It kind of smells something like popcorn popping and a fish fry all going on at the same time and gave off an aroma that I can still bring back to my senses today

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 6/11/14 at 1:32 PM.

1 member likes this post: racenut69
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Micro Question?