IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Courtesy
8/26/13, 9:27 AM   #11
Re: Courtesy
larsonfan
Banned

Sounds familiar....I went round and round with some guys on the Hoseheads board about this exact subject at the Kings Royal. I was the bad guy for expecting my wife and my nephew to not be sujected to this behavior. Unfortunately now, I go to the races by myself. It is a real problem at some tracks.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
8/26/13, 9:52 AM   #12
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Clauson View Post
Courtesy used to be common ....

Posted via Mobile Device
So did respect.
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing

4 members like this post: bsmith8, jim goerge, Mud Packer, team3521
8/26/13, 10:34 AM   #13
GregD

I have been at the races for a very long time. In the has several years I have noticed that this problem is getting a lot worst. Seems that Kokomo and Eldora are really bad.

1 member likes this post: ronmil
8/26/13, 10:47 AM   #14
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregD View Post
I have been at the races for a very long time. In the has several years I have noticed that this problem is getting a lot worst. Seems that Kokomo and Eldora are really bad.
It was getting pretty bad at Williams Grove during WoO races. Underage drinking in the parking lot was real bad. Lots of people were going to the parking lots and not even attending the races. Local police stepped up patrols and I've not heard too much going on this year, but the National Open is still coming up.

8/26/13, 11:11 AM   #15
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

Here in Mass., the town of Seekonk forced Seekonk Speedway to not allow any one to leave and come back because of the problem of folks going out to their cars for "refreshment". Unfortunately, I found out about this when my grandson went out to the car to get his jacket when the temperature dropped and was forced to pay again to re-enter. I'm afraid this will happen at more tracks if it becomes a problem.

8/26/13, 11:27 AM   #16
ThePurple73

It makes you wonder where some of these peoples common sense goes. I mentioned this issue on another thread this week end. It seems to be getting worse with the drunks and foul language and lack of just plain respect for other attendees.

When you think about it, would a bar even allow this behavior? No. I know of no restaurants or hotels that would. So why do race tracks?

I'm not picking on any certain track as I see this almost everywhere to a degree. More so in some areas.

Just as bad we had a guy last year spitting tobacco juice and it was splashing on my shoes, I mentioned this to him, he complained that you can't even spit in this day and age. I didn't know you ever could, where the heck do these people come from? A Mother with a family went to get some Cokes and popcorn and while she was gone the guy spit all over her seat, so they moved when she returned. The spitter was of course pretty tanked also.

Most places of business don't allow this non-sense, it's nuts we would have to put up with it at a race track.

I guess I am putting most of the blame on the individual that can't control themselves in public, but really the racetrack operators should be held accountable also.

5 members like this post: FishBurger, GregD, Indy1808, jim goerge, ronmil
8/26/13, 11:39 AM   #17
monkeyboy

Time to end drinking at races. The sun is shining time for you guys to ***** about that too. Iow stands for indianas only whiners

Posted via Mobile Device

8/26/13, 11:46 AM   #18
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I quit going to Kings Royals/Big Ones back in 93 after a incident with a totally drunken idiot who wouldn't leave me alone and when he was, he was so whacked out it was so distracting I couldn't enjoy the races. I eventually moved up to the hillside. Away from my comfy reserved seats.

I dont have a problem with people having some drinks, Getting a little buzz on and having a good time. Its the no longer in control of themselves ones who ruin it for everyone and IMHO having people dashing to their cars downing three or four while the street stocks run their heats only increases that problem.

Chuck
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 8/26/13 at 11:47 AM.

3 members like this post: GregD, jim goerge, jsfan
8/26/13, 12:01 PM   #19
Seadog

And to think these drunkards then get in their cars and then drive home.

I am not a prude. I drink freely AT HOME. I CANNOT AND WILL NOT drink at the races and then drive all night long to get home.

4 members like this post: CRA91, jim goerge, Mud Packer, Xflagman
8/26/13, 12:06 PM   #20
larsonfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
Time to end drinking at races. The sun is shining time for you guys to ***** about that too. Iow stands for indianas only whiners

Posted via Mobile Device
Thank you - you just made our point for us. Grow up and take responsiblitity for the fact that people are tired of the drunks at the races.

9 members like this post: CRA91, ffrid, fish, ISF, jim goerge, jsfan, ossuks, ThePurple73, Xflagman
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Courtesy