IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brownstown Speedway MSCS and USAC Sprint Dates Tentatively Set
11/28/07, 8:04 PM   #11
Re: Brownstown Speedway MSCS and USAC Sprint Dates Tentatively Set
miledirt

Thanks for the pics....

It's wierd, but I like the old tracks with covered grandstands

11/28/07, 8:15 PM   #12
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

We HAVE to have support classes Dan...It will probably be Super Stocks/Modifieds and Bombers...We cant lose money.

No more than three classes, like a normal show at Brownstown. Which relies on its Stock Car fan base. Theres restrooms and concessions for those not interested in the support classes. Sometimes the best racing ALWAYS happens in the support classes.

I dont know what we will have for the USAC show...havent heard yet.

When I posted that we were going to have Sprint Cars at Brownstown on the Brownstown message board, people went nuts complaining about it, but we want to give everyone a different brand of entertainment. We cant shuffle our regular weekly competitors out of the mix for two races. As much as I would love to give you all what you want as far as what classes you want. Monetarily, its not possible, at least not at Brownstown.

Hope you understand my side.

11/28/07, 8:26 PM   #13
Dwight Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
We HAVE to have support classes Dan...It will probably be Super Stocks/Modifieds and Bombers...We cant lose money.

No more than three classes, like a normal show at Brownstown. Which relies on its Stock Car fan base. Theres restrooms and concessions for those not interested in the support classes. Sometimes the best racing ALWAYS happens in the support classes.

When I posted that we were going to have Sprint Cars at Brownstown on the Brownstown message board, people went nuts complaining about it, but we want to give everyone a different brand of entertainment. We cant shuffle our regular weekly competitors out of the mix for two races. As much as I would love to give you all what you want as far as what classes you want. Monetarily, its not possible, at least not at Brownstown.

You can put the Brownstown Bombers on the card anytime. They were the best tin top show I saw all this year.:applaud::thumb:

11/28/07, 8:28 PM   #14
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post

I completely understand 'your side" Please try to understand "my side" Several people will come to Brownstown just to see Sprints, would this not offset your "normal" crowd of well, usual Sat. Night fans?

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

11/28/07, 8:30 PM   #15
Chris Nunn

The usual crowd wont be there, because the Late Models arent there. The Late Model fans will go somewhere else. Hopefully there will be more Sprint Fans to take the place of the Late Model fans that get up to go pee when the support classes take to the track...lol

11/28/07, 8:35 PM   #16
Dirtfan

Good deal, we will see. I "assume' that the contract is signed and sent back to the appropiate MSCS officials with the sanctioning fee?

11/28/07, 8:40 PM   #17
Chris Nunn

Well why wouldnt it be?

11/28/07, 8:42 PM   #18
Dirtfan

Easy killer, just asking.

11/28/07, 8:52 PM   #19
chadsniffsmethanol

Quote:
Originally Posted by miledirt View Post
Thanks for the pics....

It's wierd, but I like the old tracks with covered grandstands
not at all, covered grandstands rule, racing ala 1930 fair grounds...

Hopefully i can make it to both dates.

11/28/07, 9:05 PM   #20
Eagle14

Dirtfan where you goin then... the Burg or Brownstown... haha It could greatly influence my choice.... and HEY... Shortbus I support all classes... I am still waiting on my ride in the D.O. Bomber...hahaha but seriously.. I am waiting.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brownstown Speedway MSCS and USAC Sprint Dates Tentatively Set