IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > How About That Struggling JG
8/26/24, 4:23 PM   #11
Re: How About That Struggling JG
kb78

I do believe that Justin himself has said that this year has been a struggle in more than one interview. I agree with some of the other posters in that I am not sure why the word "struggle" has anyone so upset? No one has implied that JG is not good, or that he has lost his talent somehow, they are simply saying that he is off a bit from the last couple years which is entirely true. He may have the same number of wins but up to this point he has not had the same speed early in the night which has put him in bad places later in the evening. He was 9th in points going into Smackdown and over 200 points out of first, for a back to back champion, that is struggling.

I myself am a huge fan of JG, but I don't get bent out of shape anytime that anybody says something that could be misconstrued as negative. Up to this weekend, Justin Grant had been struggling this year, I am extremely happy to see him looking like himself just as the big money season comes in.

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
8/26/24, 4:38 PM   #12
Re: How About That Struggling JG
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I dont know the whole situation but Brady and team made the mistake of ether having a lot of the old tires leftover or purchasing and the beginning of his season was a disaster because of it. I believe he even had one de-laminate in a eight lap heat race.

8/26/24, 7:37 PM   #13
captrat

Just curious. Why the rap on USAC after such a great event?

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
8/26/24, 9:07 PM   #14
flagboy55

Cap, my best buds At Kokomo are not afraid to call USAC out at the drop of a flag. That said they had no complaints. Critical of one call on a start jump, which I can’t say they’re wrong. It was close and the beneficiary of the call sparked the concern. But we watched the whole weekend and no complaints. Hat’s off to everyone involved. It was a great event. And I’m a USAC apologist so you won’t hear me hating. The biggest wingless Sprint Car race in the world is USAC sanctioned At Kokomo. How it should be

2 members like this post: captrat, mc/rider
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > How About That Struggling JG