IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Winged Midget
1/11/14, 10:42 AM   #11
Re: Winged Midget
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by coondog View Post
Bondio's cars have been like that since day one I believe. JJ had a Stealth the same way. It's just for the burm
coon

Wonder why Sammy and Kevin don't do that also. I would have to give the title of "BURMMIESTER" to Sammy for sure.

Honest Dad himself

1/11/14, 11:13 AM   #12
Bill Blumer

It looks a lot like what JJ did with a Sprint Car at Oskaloosa for that first big money show for the Non-Winged World series, when CRA came to the midwest. It was a light blue car with shark teeth on it and a bunch of panels. I think they made him cut some of them down.

1/11/14, 11:27 AM   #13
team3521

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierdaddy View Post
I love how people build one off cars for a single event. Kevin and Sammy probably still haven't broke even lol.
But you're mentioning their names, and that's more valuable than breaking even.

1/11/14, 7:47 PM   #14
c47

bondio has one with the axle under the rails and one with a "normal" front end. stelth built a couple, cole whitt had one too and F5 built at least one, eagle built that contraption for lasoski that had the axle under and the radiator up high in the right side panel.....that one set off the uglometer and they made him cut some of the body down to be legal.

1/12/14, 9:51 PM   #15
johnnythunderhead
Banned

yup, they put em in the barn to gather cobwebs during the racing season

1/12/14, 10:57 PM   #16
badcoupe

I google searched the bondio cars very strange and not good looking at all. I feel like they "overthink" the track. However thats what always made the 500 and midget racing exciting in the old days was the anticipation of types new ideas you'd see each year. As an engineer I wish I wouldve been around back then to witness thise times first hand. Lots of creativity and innovation, that's missing today!

2 members like this post: PIT CART, team3521
1/13/14, 2:59 PM   #17
johnnythunderhead
Banned

its nice to see a car built different from the others, good ole American ingenuity in action, some times it works sometimes it don't sometimes it needs some tweekin, but always good to see!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Winged Midget