IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Supermodifieds
11/5/07, 11:46 PM   #11
Re: Supermodifieds
chadsniffsmethanol

i have been wanting to catch a race with the supers for a long time and have never gotten the chance...hopefully i will really soon...ive seen some video footage and its pretty intense

11/6/07, 9:22 AM   #12
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemidgetfan View Post
My list of racing must sees in the USA now includes
-Oval Nationals at Perris
-North v South Supers
-Oswego 200 Supermodified weekend
-Belleville Midget Nationals
-Knoxville 410 and midget nationals
-Indiana Sprint Week
-Chili Bowl
-ALMS at Road America
You need to add the Little 500 to your list - it is unique and the most hectic and chaotic 2+ hours you'll ever see in motorsports. I wouldn't lie to you AMF!

11/6/07, 11:20 AM   #13
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
You need to add the Little 500 to your list - it is unique and the most hectic and chaotic 2+ hours you'll ever see in motorsports. I wouldn't lie to you AMF!
I'll second that motion. I have attended 34 of the last 35 and you won't find another race anywhere with the non stop action all around the track. Quite a special event!:thumb:

11/6/07, 2:55 PM   #14
Bostonian

FYI, Jim Martel aka grinch is a living legend here in NE :checkered: His son J Scott, isn't a bad shoe either. By the way the #14 won best looking at the North vs South :thumb:

11/6/07, 7:31 PM   #15
Jimmydiesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Clock View Post
I agree 100%, PJ. Those cars are incredible. I wish there was more of that type of racing in this area. Over the years I have seen them at Thompson, Oswego, Fulton, Star, Flemington, and Phoenix and have seen a great show each time. Check out my avatar - Ollie Silva's super from the late 70's!
Yes, I saw him in that car at Thompson. Good Stuff.:respect:

11/7/07, 9:23 AM   #16
sprint 98j

Everything posted here about the Supers is true except if you want to really see fast go watch the HOSS or Auto Value 410 winged supersprints. In a match race at Mansfield (just under 1/2 mile) the HOSS car won in a 10 lap shoot out and in 20 laps would have lapped them. The King of Wings show in July at Winchester is the fastest short track show in the world. So be sure to mark your calender. We should be there 98j.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Supermodifieds