IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Josh Spencer 2008
12/14/07, 4:14 PM   #11
Re: Josh Spencer 2008
LocalYokel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Spencer View Post
We are happy to announce that Josh Spencer will be running all of the dirt U.S.A.C. shows in 2008. We are putting together three Chalk chassis' powered by Jeff Claxton. With the help of Mark Batcheldor, things are coming together for the 2008 racing season. Bud Whitacre, Greg Stephens, Bud Baity, along with Ultra Shield Racing Seats, Simpson Safety Equipment, Keco Coatings-Racing For Corey (1-800-336-KECO), and Hoosier Tires are on board for our new adventure. With any luck at all this may lead to a ride for Josh in the near future.
For information on joining Batcheldor/Spencer Racing stop by www.joshspencer.com

Jerry Spencer #66j
www.joshspencer.com

Hows he going to run three cars at a time? The non-wing team and driver of the year only have one car. When they wad it up they get a new one. Seems excessive to me. Whens the toterhome coming?

12/14/07, 4:33 PM   #12
FOR4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalYokel View Post
Hows he going to run three cars at a time? The non-wing team and driver of the year only have one car. When they wad it up they get a new one. Seems excessive to me. Whens the toterhome coming?
WOW! This is somewhat unexpected..It's Friday for GOD SAKES!
The Driver of the year had three cars he drove during the year the Fox car, his own car. and a car he drove at some USAC and a few local shows...I know somebody on here will tell you soon who owned the unnamed car.

12/14/07, 4:58 PM   #13
wbr

Good Luck in 2008 Spencer Family.:checkered:

12/14/07, 5:07 PM   #14
Go Fast

Race Count This Year: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOR4 View Post
WOW! This is somewhat unexpected..It's Friday for GOD SAKES!
The Driver of the year had three cars he drove during the year the Fox car, his own car. and a car he drove at some USAC and a few local shows...I know somebody on here will tell you soon who owned the unnamed car.
Who is Kenny Baldwin? Oh did I need to phrase tht in the form of a question?

Good Luck to the Spencers. Nice things happen to nice people.:thumb:

12/14/07, 5:22 PM   #15
Flatrightrear

Best of luck to the Spencers' in 2008!!

12/14/07, 5:36 PM   #16
BrentTFunk

Quote:
I think the logic is if you tear something the first night in PA, you have something in the trailer. As good as the non-wing car and driver are, they are still a local team. I like this kind of commitment to race nationally from guy who does alot of things right. I hope they have a great season. With USAC only having 7 pavement races, I wouldn't be surprised to see more teams spread their wings. Good luck Josh!!

12/14/07, 10:20 PM   #17
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Foxco went through at least two chassis itself. Threes probably the minimum to expect to get through a full season, Expecially if theres a Problem child running the series as well.

I also know they went through at least two rebuilds of their Claxton and posibly even two complete motors So what did the DOTY (Whoops, Driver of the year) win in winnings? Three Chassis, Two motors, A dozen right rears. Thats about 80 grand. 31 X 1700 average win???? Jon made some money at it, The team didn't. Shame too at the kinda season they had.

I for one am just glad that these guys, The Spencers and all other teams keep doing this for mainly the fun and thrill of it and for our enjoyment.

Chuck

12/15/07, 2:06 PM   #18
RGardner

About time....haha.Jk..now getter done!

Good luck from you biggest fan out west....

Ronnie Gardner

12/15/07, 6:22 PM   #19
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
There is nothing left for a toterhome, we are putting everything we have into this deal hoping to get a ride with someone. We plan on running until we do not have anything left to run, might be three nights might get thru the season? Just to clairify things for you we will have one brand new car and two cars from the last two years. (First time we have been accused of being excessive at spending money on OUR race car) :rolling: Thanks for everybody's support.

Jerry Spencer #66j
www.joshspencer.com

12/15/07, 9:13 PM   #20
B-Rad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post

I also know they went through at least two rebuilds of their Claxton and posibly even two complete motors So what did the DOTY (Whoops, Driver of the year) win in winnings? Three Chassis, Two motors, A dozen right rears. Thats about 80 grand. 31 X 1700 average win???? Jon made some money at it, The team didn't. Shame too at the kinda season they had.

Chuck
Where did you get your information from?? By the way...we run Foxco Racing Engines not Claxton.
Oh,and good luck in 2008 to Jerry,Josh & the rest of your team!!)
Brad Fox

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Josh Spencer 2008