IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Flatrightrear (Offline)
  #11 7/30/10 4:54 PM
One thing that has made TSS's shows quicker lately is the lack of modifieds running. I think they have had 13 and 16 cars show up the last two shows which means only two heats and no B-Main for the mods and that can REALLY keep the show moving along. I believe the economy--or lack of one-- has nailed the pocket books of the small guys running the mods, at least around here, big time. I hate it for them but I do enjoy getting home around 10 pm after seeing a great sprint show--I live 10 miles south of the track-- and that makes it good for the people driving a fair distance as well. Personally, I'd rather see the "tractor show" for 20-30 minutes that creates a real race track than a dried out piece of rubber yawner track. Just gives me another chance to drink a beer and shoot the breeze with my friends. Tom
7 Likes: Dirtfan, dirtnonwingfan, ronmil, Rpracing1, skids59, SprintManDave
illiNOISE (Offline)
  #12 7/30/10 5:23 PM
Originally Posted by Flatrightrear:
One thing that has made TSS's shows quicker lately is the lack of modifieds running. I think they have had 13 and 16 cars show up the last two shows which means only two heats and no B-Main for the mods and that can REALLY keep the show moving along. I believe the economy--or lack of one-- has nailed the pocket books of the small guys running the mods, at least around here, big time. I hate it for them but I do enjoy getting home around 10 pm after seeing a great sprint show--I live 10 miles south of the track-- and that makes it good for the people driving a fair distance as well. Personally, I'd rather see the "tractor show" for 20-30 minutes that creates a real race track than a dried out piece of rubber yawner track. Just gives me another chance to drink a beer and shoot the breeze with my friends. Tom
Given that they don't have enough mods for a semi, I kind of wish they'd run a dash for the class.

As for the tractor show, who cares if it takes an extra 15 or 20 minutes? It's not like they've got a ton of support classes to run. I look at it as a chance to go walk thru the pits, or to head out to the car to get a soda out of the cooler and ice down on a hot evening.

Even Roman Chariots ran non-wing, and on dirt. Hail Caesar!
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #13 7/30/10 5:31 PM
Originally Posted by Flatrightrear:
Amen Tom!........Maybe two of three beers!
HurstBros0 (Offline)
  #14 7/30/10 6:02 PM
A Racers dream ...

Dan Hurst
Hurst Brothers Racing
jim goerge (Offline)
  #15 7/30/10 6:56 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Depends if they throw in the two or three tractor shows. Only show I went to went to lasted till 1am their time

BTW, The racing was excellent
Only late show I have seen at Haubstadt that was late was the Memorial day weekend race and we had a storm flood the track but the tractor show still got the races in a little late
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #16 7/30/10 9:53 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Depends if they throw in the two or three tractor shows. Only show I went to went to lasted till 1am their time

BTW, The racing was excellent
Well,I am glad the racing was excellent. I have listened to several people voice their concerns about the "reworking of the track or the tractor parade" as some choose to call it.Don't ever remember hearing any "concerns"after the features, whether it be Sprints or Modifieds.
As I told one IOW member during ISW as he was voicing his concerns about the track prep,to me its kinda like this,if one frequents TSS enough they know whats going to take place, so one has a choice, either go there and enjoy the racing or well you know the rest.Just my opinion.

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
2 Likes: jim goerge, sprintgal
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #17 7/30/10 10:09 PM
I wasn't making a big deal out of it but the 15-20 minute prep time was highly exaggerated more like 45 minutes twice durring the program. Honestly the big delay that night was countless laps trying to get lineups correct. This was also a memorial day weekend MSCS and Mod show bout five years ago.

Tracks great, everyone should see it at least once!

Charles Nungester
Sprint63122 (Offline)
  #18 7/31/10 2:35 AM
They are using the transponders now at Haubstadt no problem with the show there they start at the advertised time and have it ready to go and it only takes about 15 -20 minute intermission and they rework the track that fast and have it ready to go feature time.As for the late night this year at memorial day weekend for has much rain that fell and for them to even put the effort that they did to bring the track back that fast and still finish the show that same night only added bigtime to the Tri-State Speedway legend.
3 Likes: jim goerge, skids59
SprintManDave (Offline)
  #19 7/31/10 1:07 PM
Well as of now the sprintcars should not be as thinly spread,as Waynesfield has been rained out ,and there is a good chance KC will be as there is a lot of rain in Ohio.
racefan20 (Offline)
  #20 7/31/10 3:51 PM
Originally Posted by SprintManDave:
Well as of now the sprintcars should not be as thinly spread,as Waynesfield has been rained out ,and there is a good chance KC will be as there is a lot of rain in Ohio.
Dont think Waynesfield was running sprints tonight Dave due to the race at Eldora.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus