IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
koolaid89 (Offline)
  #11 6/21/11 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by robert gatten:
from what i understand the city told Dave there WOULD BE a race during the fair that is going on. Since they spent millions on the place and they own it i guess they have the right to run a race on fair week.
Would be a good opportunity for a [Don't Shoot!] Late Model race @ the Burg..
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #12 6/22/11 12:07 AM
Originally Posted by dirttrackfan:
So why is burg running against a KISS race?
Posted using Mobile Device
I believe that it would be for the same reason that Lincoln Park, Waynesfield, Fremont, Brownstown, Highland, Montpelier, Shadyhill, Charleston, Clay County, KC, and countless other tracks through out the country are running. THEY ARE A WEEKLY TRACK THAT RACES ON SATURDAY NIGHT! I suppose that you think that every track should close down this Saturday? When Lawrenceburg had their KISS race scheduled, did Paragon close down that Saturday? The answer is NO, they scheduled the Mike Johnson Memorial Race for that same Saturday night.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, jim goerge, Jrp4554
bfranks17 (Offline)
  #13 6/22/11 12:43 AM
So running a big show during sprint week on Saturday should be ok.
doesnt matter. certain cars are gonna do sprint week regardless of any other race just for the sprint week title. come on. everybody knows that. certain cars are gonna be hoping for a different show just so they have a chance to possibly win.
dirttrackfan (Offline)
  #14 6/22/11 4:15 PM
Originally Posted by bfranks17:
doesnt matter. certain cars are gonna do sprint week regardless of any other race just for the sprint week title. come on. everybody knows that. certain cars are gonna be hoping for a different show just so they have a chance to possibly win.
I totally agree with you but mant people claim this is what keeps LPS from getting a sprint week date. Because they run their weekly show regardless of what tracks 3 hours away have going on. it's a weekly track not a race if nothing else is racing anywhere else track!!
SPRINTCAR (Offline)
  #15 6/22/11 6:34 PM
I totally agree with you but mant people claim this is what keeps LPS from getting a sprint week date. Because they run their weekly show regardless of what tracks 3 hours away have going on. it's a weekly track not a race if nothing else is racing anywhere else track!!
You said KISS in the beginning and now you switch it to USAC?
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #16 6/22/11 7:12 PM
In the beginning of KISS there was an agreement that tracks would not run against other tracks dates. All of the Saturday tracks have chosen not to do this. Can not put the blame any single track because they all do it. With that being said, I believe that is why the series not only has not grown, but may lose interest every year.
2 Likes: Charles Nungester, SPRINTCAR